Planned Parenthood Receives Notable Grant

Planned Parenthood Arizona has received a grant of $75,000 from the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust.        “Our organization has dedicated itself to providing education and high quality reproductive health care for the last 82 years,” stated Bryan Howard, President of Planned Parenthood Arizona. “This grant from the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust will give […]

Marcus Johnson Joins Vitalyst Health Foundation

Vitalyst Health Foundation today announced that Marcus Johnson will join its staff as Director of State Health Policy and Advocacy on August 1. Marcus is coming to Vitalyst from the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association, where he served as Director of Policy and Community Health. Prior to that position, Johnson helped to create the Office […]

Who’s Leading Phoenix Pride?

Justin Owen Executive Director Phoenix Pride LGBT Center Phoenix Pride, was founded in 1981 to promote unity, visibility, and self-esteem among gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer persons. Executive Director Justin Owen joined Phoenix Pride LGBT Center in 2013 after working for Disney Entertainment Productions as a Manager and Event Producer. Well-rehearsed in management Owen […]

Meet Salud! 2016 Chair

Sarah Held Event Chair Salud! Signature Wine Dinner Gabriel’s Angels Who’s that one friend that’s always excited to see you and thinks you’re marvelous in every way? They’ve never even judged you. And, why would they, you’re “perfect!” That friend is your dog, cat or even your pet llama! For many abused, neglected and at-risk […]

Susan Goldwater Levine

(Susan Goldwater Levine ) She won’t remember. I was one of many she came across. To this day, she doesn’t know how she impacted my life and my family’s. Quite a long time ago, I was a 30 something woman who unexpectedly ended up pregnant, without any maternal instincts and frankly in denial that I […]

Send Seriously Ill Kids to Camp

The Medicine of Laughter When a child is diagnosed with a serious illness it affects the entire family; creates fear, isolation and requires extensive care. This lifestyle creates a barrier between the family and their need for independence. Many times seriously ill children are robbed of a typical childhood and won’t get to attend social […]

ICAN’s New CEO

ICAN: Positive Programs for Youth is pleased to announce its new CEO of the organization, Shelby Pedersen.   Shelby is a native of Colorado, where she earned her bachelor’s in marketing and international leadership at Johnson & Wales University and Sejong University in Seoul, South Korea. In 2006, she moved to Chandler, completing her master’s […]

Boys will be Boys: Phoenix Boys Choir

A boy’s life can be mysterious, mischievous and mercurial. One minute boys can be engaged in an all-out tussle and the next, have their arms draped around each other’s shoulders in the time-honored gesture of true friendship. It takes a lot of patience, direction and even discipline to wrangle boys. Think of team sports and […]

A Lesson in Kindness

Ben’s Bells Kindness in Action Speaker Series brings to Arizona powerful speakers who are leaders in the Science of Kindness field. Part education, part entertainment, pure inspiration, these events are made possible by the generous support of local businesses and community members. Audience members will enjoy relaxed evenings with experts offering profound insights and lively […]

The Score of Life

Noise surrounds us, but meaningful sound alters us. Just ask CEO Becky Bell Ballard of Rosie’s House, a nonprofit providing the gift of music to under served youth. For this leader, it’s about opening your ears and letting the mysteries of the melody transform your life. Of course, music isn’t just found inside Rosie’s House. […]