Erin’s Creamy Mexican Chicken Casserole
1 medium onion, chopped
1 T butter
3 lbs. cooked chicken, boned and diced (You can also use rotisserie chicken)
1 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 10.5 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
2 C sour cream
1 4-oz can green chilies, chopped
12 corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sauté chopped onion in butter until the onion is cooked through and translucent.
3. Combine with chicken, 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and green chilies; mix well.
4. Place half of the tortillas in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
5. Top with half of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle the remaining 1 C cheese over the top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Serves: 10-12 guests