- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 3 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 4 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 5 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 5 days ago
Aunt Rita’s “Speakeasy” Gala Raises Funds for HIV/AIDS Awareness
The Event: RED is the Night
The Cause: Aunt Rita’s Foundation
Mission: Aunt Rita’s is dedicated to the elimination of, and suffering from, HIV and AIDS.
Event Co-Chairs: Mike Fornelli and Janae Ben-Shabat
Title Sponsor: Avella Pharmacy
Date held: May 11, 2019
Venue: Warehouse 215 at Bentley Projects
Entertainment: Musician Nicole Pesce performed on the piano with her remarkable repertoire of songs and Francine Reed, Arizona Blues Hall of Fame inductee, joined Nicole to delight the audience with her phenomenal blues and jazz voice.
Dollars raised: $80,000+
Notable Moment: The program included two extraordinary stories: the first about the experience of a young Latino newly diagnosed and the emotional and psychological challenges he faced as a result before the support he received from Aunt Rita’s. The second from a long-term survivor living with HIV for nearly 30 years who conveyed the challenges faced before the development of life-saving medications. Both of the HIV heroes are celebrating life today thanks to the support of our community.
Photo Credit: RSVP Photography