- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 2 hours ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 1 day ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 5 days ago
- Ad Agency Employees Pack Nearly 13,000 Meals for Local Children And FamiliesPosted 5 days ago
- Blood Emergency: Red Cross Issues Urgent Call For Blood And Platelet DonorsPosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Chamber Announces Nominations Now Open For 34th Annual Sterling AwardsPosted 1 week ago
Aunt Rita’s “Speakeasy” Gala Raises Funds for HIV/AIDS Awareness
The Event: RED is the Night
The Cause: Aunt Rita’s Foundation
Mission: Aunt Rita’s is dedicated to the elimination of, and suffering from, HIV and AIDS.
Event Co-Chairs: Mike Fornelli and Janae Ben-Shabat
Title Sponsor: Avella Pharmacy
Date held: May 11, 2019
Venue: Warehouse 215 at Bentley Projects
Entertainment: Musician Nicole Pesce performed on the piano with her remarkable repertoire of songs and Francine Reed, Arizona Blues Hall of Fame inductee, joined Nicole to delight the audience with her phenomenal blues and jazz voice.
Dollars raised: $80,000+
Notable Moment: The program included two extraordinary stories: the first about the experience of a young Latino newly diagnosed and the emotional and psychological challenges he faced as a result before the support he received from Aunt Rita’s. The second from a long-term survivor living with HIV for nearly 30 years who conveyed the challenges faced before the development of life-saving medications. Both of the HIV heroes are celebrating life today thanks to the support of our community.
Photo Credit: RSVP Photography