- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 2 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 3 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 3 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 4 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 4 days ago
Desert Bloom Art Walk Spotlights the Beauty, Serenity of the Southwest
Four local artisans will proudly showcase their love of the surrounding landscape when the Desert Bloom Art Walk takes over Scottsdale’s On the Edge Gallery next month.
Slated for 6:30 p.m. until 9 p.m. Thursday, March 7 at the gallery located at 7050 E Fifth Ave., Scottsdale, the Desert Bloom Art Walk will showcase the works of Sally Atchinson, Catherine Sickafoose, Jan Stiles and Teresa Wilson as they capture the beauty of Southwestern desert scenery through a variety of different mediums. Atchinson’s contributions include alcohol ink and watercolor paintings depicting local plants and wildflowers, while Sickafoose, too, uses watercolors to showcase the rich colors and boundless beauty of Arizona and the Southwest.
Stiles, meanwhile, utilizes semi-precious metals and gemstones to create Southwest-inspired jewelry pieces, while Wilson captures the serenity of the local landscape through photos and fluid and acrylic art.
“By observing the details in everyday surroundings, I find a wealth of ideas: from the smallest of sweet peas on my garden trellis to the rhythm of color across the Arizona landscapes,” Sickafoose said, of what inspires her. “I feel very blessed to be able to share myself with others through my art.”
In addition to those mentioned, On the Edge Gallery also displays the works of nearly 40 other professional, juried artisans, all of which is available for purchase through artist-direct pricing.