- Nancy Roach Retires From Ronald McDonald House Charities After Nearly 20 Years; National Search PlannedPosted 7 hours ago
- Canal Convergence’s ‘Reflection Rising’ Receives National Honor From Public Art NetworkPosted 1 day ago
- The Board Of Visitors Announces The 2020 Flower GirlsPosted 4 days ago
- Joseph Benesh Named Executive Director Of Arizona Citizens For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Young Father Finds Year Up Arizona Program To Build Future For Himself And His FamilyPosted 5 days ago
- Delta Dental Of Arizona Gives Grant Towards Dental Care Project For Formerly Homeless Children And MothersPosted 5 days ago
6th Annual Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge Running Through Feb. 28
Girl Scouts-Arizona Cactus-Pine Council (GSACPC) has brought back the Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge from now through Feb. 28.
For the sixth year in a row, chefs from some of the state’s most popular restaurants will use their culinary prowess to re-imagine one of the flavors of Girl Scout Cookies – Do-Si-Dos, Samoas, Tagalongs, Thin Mints, Trefoils and Savannah Smiles – into a custom dessert menu item.
“We’ve been calling this year’s challenge the ‘extra-sweet sixth’ because it perfectly aligns with the six levels of Girl Scouting, six weeks of local cookie sales and six super popular cookie flavors,” says Susan de Queljoe, senior associate of marketing and communications for GSACPC.
Each restaurant has agreed to feature its dessert on their menu through Feb. 28, with a portion of the proceeds from each dessert sold directly supporting Girl Scouting in Arizona.
“GSACPC is thrilled that both Rusconi’s American Kitchen and The Thumb are taking part again. They’ve been with us for all six years and are major supporters as a result,” says de Queljoe. “It’s also so inspiring to see Original Gravity, PNPK, ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho, The Herb Box and Lovecraft taking part since they are all either proud woman-owned businesses or have female chefs in the kitchen.”
Beyond conceptualizing, creating and offering the desserts on their menus, this year the chefs are also partnering with the Girl Scouts on several enhanced elements of the challenge.
In year’s past, the Dessert Challenge Champion was decided by dessert sales. This year, the Council is hosting a poll at girlscoutsaz.org/dessertchallenge.
Participating restaurants are:
- Aioli Gourmet Burgers
- 32 Shea
- Babbo Italian Eatery (Eight Locations Valleywide)
- Jake’s Unlimited
- Ocean Prime
- Original Gravity
- PNPK Craft Slider + Wine Bar
- Proof Canteen at Four Seasons Scottsdale Resort Troon North
- Rusconi’s American Kitchen
- Silver Pine Restaurant at Little America Hotel Flagstaff
- The Herb Box
- The Phoenix Ale Brewery Central Kitchen
- The Thumb
- ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho
Girl Scout Cookies will be available from Jan. 21 to March 3 this year.