- Voya Financial Collaborates With Global Nonprofit To Serve Navajo Children In ArizonaPosted 2 days ago
- Traveling Art Installation Heading to Phoenix and Benefiting Homeless PetsPosted 2 days ago
- Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation Announces $3M in Annual Giving, National Day of ServicePosted 2 days ago
- Phoenix Suns Invest $1 Million In Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Expansion InitiativesPosted 1 week ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical CenterPosted 1 week ago
- Xavier College Prep Golfer Claims Pro-Junior Title, Wins $50k For The First TeePosted 2 weeks ago
6th Annual Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge Running Through Feb. 28
Girl Scouts-Arizona Cactus-Pine Council (GSACPC) has brought back the Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge from now through Feb. 28.
For the sixth year in a row, chefs from some of the state’s most popular restaurants will use their culinary prowess to re-imagine one of the flavors of Girl Scout Cookies – Do-Si-Dos, Samoas, Tagalongs, Thin Mints, Trefoils and Savannah Smiles – into a custom dessert menu item.
“We’ve been calling this year’s challenge the ‘extra-sweet sixth’ because it perfectly aligns with the six levels of Girl Scouting, six weeks of local cookie sales and six super popular cookie flavors,” says Susan de Queljoe, senior associate of marketing and communications for GSACPC.
Each restaurant has agreed to feature its dessert on their menu through Feb. 28, with a portion of the proceeds from each dessert sold directly supporting Girl Scouting in Arizona.
“GSACPC is thrilled that both Rusconi’s American Kitchen and The Thumb are taking part again. They’ve been with us for all six years and are major supporters as a result,” says de Queljoe. “It’s also so inspiring to see Original Gravity, PNPK, ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho, The Herb Box and Lovecraft taking part since they are all either proud woman-owned businesses or have female chefs in the kitchen.”
Beyond conceptualizing, creating and offering the desserts on their menus, this year the chefs are also partnering with the Girl Scouts on several enhanced elements of the challenge.
In year’s past, the Dessert Challenge Champion was decided by dessert sales. This year, the Council is hosting a poll at girlscoutsaz.org/dessertchallenge.
Participating restaurants are:
- Aioli Gourmet Burgers
- 32 Shea
- Babbo Italian Eatery (Eight Locations Valleywide)
- Jake’s Unlimited
- Ocean Prime
- Original Gravity
- PNPK Craft Slider + Wine Bar
- Proof Canteen at Four Seasons Scottsdale Resort Troon North
- Rusconi’s American Kitchen
- Silver Pine Restaurant at Little America Hotel Flagstaff
- The Herb Box
- The Phoenix Ale Brewery Central Kitchen
- The Thumb
- ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho
Girl Scout Cookies will be available from Jan. 21 to March 3 this year.