- We’re Bringing Back the Society of Chairs Gala — With a Frontdoors TwistPosted 1 week ago
- Campfire & Marshmallows Gala to Raise Funds to Send Kids Affected by Cancer to CampPosted 3 weeks ago
- We Are UNITED Speaker Vanessa Williams ‘Maddened’ by Hunger EpidemicPosted 3 weeks ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner’s Celebrity Game Night Honoring Shane Doan Raises Funds for Treasure HousePosted 4 weeks ago
- ‘Historymakers’ Announced at Arizona Statehood CelebrationPosted 4 weeks ago
- Celebrating 125 Years of ServicePosted 1 month ago
Over $400K Raised for Children’s Charities Through 28th Annual NiteFlite
Posted By Jamie Killin on November 7, 2017
The Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club raised over $411,000 last month for more than a dozen children’s charities at its 28th annual NiteFlite event. Beneficiaries include their partner, Playworks, a nonprofit that partners with elementary schools to create a place for all kids on the playground.
“We are extremely excited about the success from this year’s NiteFlite and the opportunity it provides us with to continue to serve Valley kids,” said Playworks development director Suzanne Percy.
The weekend of events included a golf tournament at McCormick Ranch Golf Club and a formal gala, which welcomed over 1,500 attendees, at W Scottsdale.
“The support we received from the community for this year’s NiteFlite is overwhelming, it’s great to see so many people come together to support such a great cause,” said NiteFlite chairman Skyler Irvine.
Funds raised will also go to organizations such as The Care Fund, which supports Arizona families who have children facing extended illness or injury, and Boys Hope Gils Hope, which provides scholarships to underprivileged children.