- Frank Lloyd Wright 150th Birthday Celebration Focuses on Sustainability, Organic DesignPosted 4 days ago
- Applause! Raises Over $430K for Phoenix TheatrePosted 4 days ago
- ATHENA Awards Received by Three Phoenix BusinesswomenPosted 7 days ago
- In Loving Memory of Mike SaucierPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: Make-A-Wish ArizonaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Infinite Hearts and a Tapestry of StylePosted 2 weeks ago
Over $400K Raised for Children’s Charities Through 28th Annual NiteFlite
Posted By Jamie Killin on November 7, 2017
The Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club raised over $411,000 last month for more than a dozen children’s charities at its 28th annual NiteFlite event. Beneficiaries include their partner, Playworks, a nonprofit that partners with elementary schools to create a place for all kids on the playground.
“We are extremely excited about the success from this year’s NiteFlite and the opportunity it provides us with to continue to serve Valley kids,” said Playworks development director Suzanne Percy.
The weekend of events included a golf tournament at McCormick Ranch Golf Club and a formal gala, which welcomed over 1,500 attendees, at W Scottsdale.
“The support we received from the community for this year’s NiteFlite is overwhelming, it’s great to see so many people come together to support such a great cause,” said NiteFlite chairman Skyler Irvine.
Funds raised will also go to organizations such as The Care Fund, which supports Arizona families who have children facing extended illness or injury, and Boys Hope Gils Hope, which provides scholarships to underprivileged children.