- We’re Bringing Back the Society of Chairs Gala — With a Frontdoors TwistPosted 2 weeks ago
- Campfire & Marshmallows Gala to Raise Funds to Send Kids Affected by Cancer to CampPosted 3 weeks ago
- We Are UNITED Speaker Vanessa Williams ‘Maddened’ by Hunger EpidemicPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brenda and Kurt Warner’s Celebrity Game Night Honoring Shane Doan Raises Funds for Treasure HousePosted 1 month ago
- ‘Historymakers’ Announced at Arizona Statehood CelebrationPosted 1 month ago
- Celebrating 125 Years of ServicePosted 1 month ago
Frontdoors Five: Veterans Day Events
Veterans Day is this Saturday, and while we’ve already compiled a list of some great Veterans Day dining deals, we wanted to let the community know how they could get involved in honoring our Veterans at some great Valley events.
1. Swingtime 1940’s Hangar Party
Friday, Nov. 10 — 6 to 11 p.m.
This 1940s themed gala held at Scottsdale Airport will feature a silent auction, food, drinks, dancing and more with funds raised benefiting the Thunderbird Field II Veterans Memorial and Dreamcatchers.
2. Salute to Veterans Festival
Saturday Nov. 11 — 1 to 5 p.m.
Steele Indian School Park
As part of the inaugural HeroZona, community members are invited to participate in this music and comedy festival. The event will include performances by American Hitmen, a band of Marine Corps Combat Veterans, and the GIs of Comedy, nearly a dozen warrior comedians who have served in the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps. Senator John McCain will be honored with a Lifetime Service Award.
3. Phoenix Veterans Day Parade
Saturday, Nov. 11 — 11 to 1 p.m.
Montebello and Central Ave.
The Phoenix Veterans Day Parade, which is presented by the nonprofit Honoring Arizona’s Veterans, boasts 45,000 attendees and includes 2,500 participants — from floats to marching bands.
4. 7th Annual Honor Walk
Sunday Nov. 12 — 7 a.m.
Talking Stick Resort Arena
This 5K serves as the finale of HeroZona, inviting military members and the community alike to participate in the walk, beginning at Talking Stick Resort Arena. Registration for military members is free.
5. 5th Annual Veterans Day Concert
Sunday, November 12 — 2 p.m.
Episcopal Church of the Nativity
This free event brings Veterans together to read poems, sing in a choir and perform as soloists or in instrumental ensembles.