- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 1 day ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 4 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Sojourner Center Announces Grant From The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable TrustPosted 1 week ago
- Fiesta Bowl Opens Applications For 2019 Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade Presented By Cheez-ItPosted 1 week ago
- Royse Contemporary Celebrates Two Year Anniversary With New ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
The Acclaimed American Parody ‘Spamilton’ Coming to The Phoenix Theatre Company
The Phoenix Theatre Company will present the Southwest regional premiere of the North American tour of the hit musical comedy Spamilton: An American Parody from June 12 to August 11. Tickets are on sale now.
Created by Gerard Alessandrini, the comic mastermind behind the long-running hit Forbidden Broadway and performed by a versatile cast of seven, Spamilton: An American Parody is a new musical parody. After successful runs in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and London, Spamilton: An American Parody aims to stage a singing, dancing and comedy revolution in Phoenix.
Marilyn Stasio of Variety wrote of the play, “Hip-hop, Broadway showtunes, Viennese waltzes — is there anything this guy can’t write? No, not Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, but Gerard Alessandrini, whose ingenious parody Spamilton simultaneously salutes and sends up Miranda and his signature musical.”
Ben Brantley of The New York Times wrote, “This smart, silly, and often convulsively funny thesis, performed by a motor-mouthed cast that is fluent in many tongues, is the work of that eminent specialist in Broadway anatomy, pathology, and gossip, Gerard Alessandrini.”
The creative team also includes Gerry McIntyre (choreography), Morgan Large (set design), Dustin Cross (costume design), Michael Gilliam (lighting design), Fred Barton (music supervision), Michael Cassara, CSA (casting) and Curtis Reynolds (music direction).
The North American tour of Spamilton: An American Parody is produced by Spamiltour LLC. Spamilton was originally produced at The Triad Theater in New York City by John Freedson, David Zippel, Gerard Alessandrini and Christine Pedi.
If you have or haven’t seen Hamilton, Spamilton promises to provide an opportunity to get out of the heat, enjoy the show and laugh over and over.
Spamilton tickets are on sale now and start at just $32. To purchase by phone, call (602)254-2151 or visit www.phoenixtheatre.com.