- The Board Of Visitors Announces The 2020 Flower GirlsPosted 3 days ago
- Joseph Benesh Named Executive Director Of Arizona Citizens For The ArtsPosted 3 days ago
- Young Father Finds Year Up Arizona Program To Build Future For Himself And His FamilyPosted 4 days ago
- Delta Dental Of Arizona Gives Grant Towards Dental Care Project For Formerly Homeless Children And MothersPosted 4 days ago
- Franciscan Renewal Center Opens New Community Life FacilityPosted 4 days ago
- Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships Announces New Additions for 2019 EventPosted 6 days ago
Phoenix Rescue Mission And Integrity Capital Join Forces For School Uniform Fundraiser
Scottsdale company Integrity Capital is partnering with the Phoenix Rescue Mission to raise $15,000 in charitable donations to purchase school uniforms for homeless and low-income families.
The start of a new school year should be a time of excitement for many families, but as more schools adopt dress codes and uniforms to alleviate socioeconomic differences they also create a new expense for these families.
The uniforms will go to homeless children staying at the Phoenix Rescue Mission, the Changing Lives Center and families in the surrounding area. Donations would serve around 1,000 to 1,200 children total in the Phoenix Elementary District and Murphy School District.
Clean clothing affects students in a positive way by reducing absences, suspensions and bullying. It can also give students increased motivation in class and better opportunity to interact with peers and thrive in school.
Donations can be made directly to the Phoenix Rescue Mission through their webpage.
Donations are made in a tier basis with a different type of “thank you” given back based on the tier of your donation. For donations of less than $100 please reach out to the Phoenix Rescue Mission directly at (602) 346-336.
The Phoenix Rescue Mission is a non profit charity and donations would be eligible for tax credits.
Donations will be accepted until June 15.