- FirstBank Employees Go Undercover as Servers & Pay for Dozens of Diners in “Give it Forward” CampaignPosted 2 hours ago
- Red Cross Honors Four Phoenix Residents for Outstanding Volunteer WorkPosted 8 hours ago
- Largest Easter Egg Hunt in South Phoenix to be Hosted by Salvation Army Kroc CenterPosted 4 days ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Launches ‘Grown Pups for Grown Ups’ ProgramPosted 5 days ago
- Fiesta Bowl Announces Volunteer of the Year Award WinnersPosted 6 days ago
- 17,000 Meals Donated During ‘March Out Hunger’ Food DrivePosted 6 days ago
Southwest Shakespeare Company Celebrates 25th Season With Two Shows
Southwest Shakespeare Company will close out its main stage season with two of Shakespeare’s most enduring and important works on Feb. 23 at the Mesa Arts Center.
The company will present “As You Like It,” a romantic comedy directed by SSC’s new Artistic Director, Quinn Mattfeld. It will also “The Taming of the Shrew” starring Mattfeld and his wife Betsy Mugavero.
Both plays will be presented in repertory at the Mesa Arts Center’s Piper Auditorium using the company’s innovative Jacobean facade set piece.
General Admission ticket price is $25, and premium Seating is $35. Students, Educators, and audience members under 25 years-of-age are $13.
Attendees may arrive 45 minutes early and enjoy refreshments and live “Green Show” entertainment on the plaza, and 20 minutes prior to each show will be a director’s orientation on the Shadow Walk.
For those interested in additional review of the plays, SSC offers in-depth debriefing events:
• Stop-Action-Shakespeare, “The Taming of the Shrew” Thursday, Feb 28 at 7:30 p.m. in the Piper Auditorium, Mesa Arts Center. Cost $10.
• The Flachmann Seminar, Saturday, March 2 at 9 a.m. at the Mildred Fitch Family Life Center, 1st United Methodist Church of Mesa. The cost is $60 and includes lunch and a matinee ticket. The directors and one playwright will be available for questions.