- Nancy Roach Retires From Ronald McDonald House Charities After Nearly 20 Years; National Search PlannedPosted 7 hours ago
- Canal Convergence’s ‘Reflection Rising’ Receives National Honor From Public Art NetworkPosted 1 day ago
- The Board Of Visitors Announces The 2020 Flower GirlsPosted 4 days ago
- Joseph Benesh Named Executive Director Of Arizona Citizens For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Young Father Finds Year Up Arizona Program To Build Future For Himself And His FamilyPosted 5 days ago
- Delta Dental Of Arizona Gives Grant Towards Dental Care Project For Formerly Homeless Children And MothersPosted 5 days ago
Southwest Shakespeare Company Celebrates 25th Season With Two Shows
Southwest Shakespeare Company will close out its main stage season with two of Shakespeare’s most enduring and important works on Feb. 23 at the Mesa Arts Center.
The company will present “As You Like It,” a romantic comedy directed by SSC’s new Artistic Director, Quinn Mattfeld. It will also “The Taming of the Shrew” starring Mattfeld and his wife Betsy Mugavero.
Both plays will be presented in repertory at the Mesa Arts Center’s Piper Auditorium using the company’s innovative Jacobean facade set piece.
General Admission ticket price is $25, and premium Seating is $35. Students, Educators, and audience members under 25 years-of-age are $13.
Attendees may arrive 45 minutes early and enjoy refreshments and live “Green Show” entertainment on the plaza, and 20 minutes prior to each show will be a director’s orientation on the Shadow Walk.
For those interested in additional review of the plays, SSC offers in-depth debriefing events:
• Stop-Action-Shakespeare, “The Taming of the Shrew” Thursday, Feb 28 at 7:30 p.m. in the Piper Auditorium, Mesa Arts Center. Cost $10.
• The Flachmann Seminar, Saturday, March 2 at 9 a.m. at the Mildred Fitch Family Life Center, 1st United Methodist Church of Mesa. The cost is $60 and includes lunch and a matinee ticket. The directors and one playwright will be available for questions.