- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 3 hours ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 1 day ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 5 days ago
- Ad Agency Employees Pack Nearly 13,000 Meals for Local Children And FamiliesPosted 5 days ago
- Blood Emergency: Red Cross Issues Urgent Call For Blood And Platelet DonorsPosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Chamber Announces Nominations Now Open For 34th Annual Sterling AwardsPosted 1 week ago
Gennaro Garcia Brings “You Are Art” to Royse Contemporary in Jan. 2019
Royse Contemporary is presenting “You Are Art,” the solo exhibition of Gennaro Garcia, starting on Jan. 10.
“You Are Art” has been Garcia’s motto since 2018, “when in times where it looks as though hate is winning in our culture, I prefer to see the beauty around, everything and everyone inspires me in my art.”
Garcia is an artist, advocate, and chef. He creates multi-media work “utilizing a combination of Italian techniques from working with oils, acrylics, wood, plaster blended with a vibrant color palette from his childhood growing up in Mexico” says Garcia.
“You Are Art” showcases the artist’s latest collection of work incorporating and exploring various mediums including painting, prints, ceramics, and sculpture.
In early 2018 Garcia partnered with Aaron Chamberlin to open Taco Chelo in Downtown Phoenix, highlighting the traditions of Mexican food and his artwork. To date he has handled the interior design of seven restaurants, featuring his art and furniture design, including Taco Chelo and Chamberlin’s newest restaurant Ghost Ranch.
“You Are Art” will open to the public Jan. 10 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Royse Contemporary, located in the Scottsdale Arts District in the Marshall Square complex at 7077 E. Main Street, Suite 6, Scottsdale.
An Artist Reception coinciding with the Golden Palette “Demonstrate” ArtWalk will be held on Jan. 17 from 6 to 10 p.m.
“You Are Art” will be on display at Royse Contemporary from Jan. 3 through Feb. 2.