- Angry Crab Shack Donates More Than $87,500 To Arizona Housing CoalitionPosted 3 hours ago
- Ability360 Receives $40,000 Quality Of Life Grant From Christopher & Dana Reeve FoundationPosted 3 hours ago
- JDRF Arizona Chapter Appoints New Executive DirectorPosted 4 hours ago
- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 2 days ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 5 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 6 days ago
Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation Announces Largest Scholarship To Date
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix announced its new Renee LaBelle Parsons Girls Leadership Award and scholarship at its “Fueling our Future” Community Breakfast. The award, which is spearheaded by Renee Parsons, will honor girls who have exhibited collaboration, assertiveness and empathy by providing them with a new laptop and four years of scholarship funding for up to $20,000 a year.
“While many of our grants support a broad range of youth and underserved adults, I am personally interested in providing motivated girls with the resources and support they need to become happy, thriving and successful women,” Parsons said.
The 2018 honoree is Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix participant Yareli Guadalupe Martinez Medina, who was introduced at the breakfast through a video address.
“More than half of our members live at or below the federal poverty level and the chance to pursue a higher education is crucial to breaking the cycle of poverty,” said Marcia Mintz, CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix. “We are grateful for the continued support from Bob and Renee Parsons and are proud to recognize Yareli for her outstanding achievements this year.”
The Renee LaBelle Parsons Girls Leadership Award will provide financial support of up to $80,000 for each student, making it the largest scholarship created by the Foundation to date.