- Resource, Refuge, Home: Valley Youth TheatrePosted 1 week ago
- Office Doors: Colleen Jennings-RoggensackPosted 1 week ago
- 10 Questions With Rusty FoleyPosted 1 week ago
- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 month ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 month ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 month ago
Saks Fifth Avenue Partners with Coomi Fine Jewelry to benefit Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West
By Tyler Butler
Well-known ‘Renaissance woman’ Coomi Bhasin has dedicated two decades of her creativity and inherent artistic nature to her successful career as a textile designer, architect and landscape designer. This same spirit now fuels her jewelry collection which she launched in 2002.
Since then she has travelled the world, seeking out and studying the histories of the finest and rarest antiquities for use in her one-of-a-kind jewelry designs. From arrowheads to coins to ancient Roman artifacts, Coomi researched each of the items’ back stories and treated every find with the respect and care they deserved. She prides herself in offering her collectors a piece of history as well as a piece of herself and feels that it feeds her soul and connects her worlds, both past and present.
Saks Fifth Avenue recognized the unique opportunity to partner Coomi with Scottsdale’s Museum of the West by hosting an event early last month to benefit the museum.
Scottsdale’s Museum of the West boldly immerses its guests in the unique story of the Greater Western region, illuminating the past to shape the future. This location was the perfect venue to host Coomi and guests while her jewelry and sculpture were on display for all to see.