- Voya Financial Collaborates With Global Nonprofit To Serve Navajo Children In ArizonaPosted 1 day ago
- Traveling Art Installation Heading to Phoenix and Benefiting Homeless PetsPosted 1 day ago
- Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation Announces $3M in Annual Giving, National Day of ServicePosted 1 day ago
- Phoenix Suns Invest $1 Million In Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Expansion InitiativesPosted 1 week ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical CenterPosted 1 week ago
- Xavier College Prep Golfer Claims Pro-Junior Title, Wins $50k For The First TeePosted 1 week ago
Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Ball Raises $3 Million Toward Future Arizona Wishes
By Tyler Butler
Three hundred future wishes will be granted to local children facing serious medical conditions thanks to the 2018 Make-A-Wish Gala.
This year’s theme, “A Wish Come True,” was appropriate given the strides that were made to allow for many children to receive a wish. This year’s success was made possible in large part thanks to the continued support from the Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation.
Renee Parsons, who has been a Make-A-Wish board member for the past six years, was honored and during her remarks said “There are three things that bring happiness to our lives: someone to love, having a purpose, and something to look forward to. It’s this third thing that Make-A-Wish Arizona brings to our Arizona Wish Kids.”
Parsons went on to share that foundation would be pledging an additional $1 million.
“When we have something to look forward to, something special, that makes us feel special, miracles can happen. This is what Make-A-Wish is all about,” she said.
The generosity of the Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation with contributions from Title Sponsor Phusion Projects and Discover and the kindness of the 1,000 guests in attendance led to a massive fundraising total for this event of $3 million.
Elizabeth Reich, president and CEO of Make-A-Wish Arizona said that she “was in awe of the generosity of the guests, and the impact that generosity will have on future wish kids right here in Arizona.”
Event co-chairs Jill Krigsten Riley and Mari Lederman included several meaningful moments in the evening’s program including a wish kid moment, silent and live auctions and musical entertainment.
More than nine wish families were in attendance to speak to guests about the transformational power of a wish.
Photos by Loren Anderson Photography.