- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
College Students Invited to Participate in Pitch Competition for $50K Prize
Posted By Jamie Killin on November 13, 2017
Social Venture Partners Arizona will host its eighth pitch program, allowing college students the opportunity to compete for a $50,000 grand prize during a live pitch event focusing on education to support the Expect More Arizona Progress Meter and #EducateAZ movement.
The competition aims to tap into the views of college students who are not far removed from K-12 classroom, but are also close to entering the workforce and potentially entrepreneurship.
“Our state’s education ranks are at a critical point and we’re following the lead from Expect More Arizona Progress Meter, Achieve60AZ and the #EducateAZ movement,” said Social Venture Partners Arizona executive director Terri Wogan Calderón. “We are proud to do our part to change the dire education ranking for Arizona.”
Students will share their ideas in front of over 250 business leaders, educators and influencers, gaining experience in real-world venture capital business pitching.
Undergraduate or graduate students of all majors enrolled at Arizona State University, Grand Canyon University, Maricopa Community Colleges, Northern Arizona University or University of Arizona are invited to apply, either individually or in groups of up to three people.
Applications include a two-page executive summary, PowerPoint presentation and proposed budget. Following the initial application, five finalist teams will be selected and invited to participate in a one-day-boot camp, one-on-one mentoring sessions and mock presentations in preparation for the showcase event in March.
Applications can be submitted at: http://www.socialventurepartners.org/arizona/ed-pitch. The deadline is Nov. 27, 2017. The competition will be held March 20, 2018 at the Phoenix Art Museum.