- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
Mother’s Grace Raises $300K to Help Tragedy-Stricken Families
Mother’s Grace held its annual Mother’s Day Brunch, which raised more than $300,000, nearly doubling the proceeds from the previous year.
All proceeds will go to support families and children that are in the immediacy of life tragedies.
Founded in 2009 by Michelle Moore-Fanger, Mother’s Grace provides financial assistance by way of monthly bills, medications, meals, housekeeping, childcare, transportation, and ancillary services. Mother’s Grace has successfully assisted more than 1,000 mothers/families in the last year and hopes to continue to spread the awareness.
Mother’s Grace also empowers mothers who have overcome great hardship to turn their personal tragedies into a positive giveback for others inflicted with a similar life crisis.
This year’s event drew more than 350 attendees, which was co-hosted by Angela Ducey, first lady of Arizona. Marlen Isaac of Isaac Jewelry was honored as Volunteer of the Year for her dedication to the organization and community.
“It’s truly eye-opening to see all of women come together to support one another,” said Michelle Moore-Fanger, founder of Mother’s Grace. “We are very thankful for the support that Mother’s Grace received this year through our fundraising event. The funds will allow us to successfully assist families and children and increase our efforts across the Valley.”