- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 2 days ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 5 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 6 days ago
- Sojourner Center Announces Grant From The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable TrustPosted 1 week ago
- Fiesta Bowl Opens Applications For 2019 Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade Presented By Cheez-ItPosted 1 week ago
- Royse Contemporary Celebrates Two Year Anniversary With New ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School Drive
Smile Dental Clinics is looking to ease the burden on families by conducting a back-to-school drive to donate school supplies to the 16,000 plus students in the Cartwright School District.
The start of the school year is not far away for many children and parents living in the valley and for many homeless and low-income families raising the funds to afford school supplies is an annual struggle.
Residents are encouraged to donate essential school supplies such as backpacks, notebooks, pencils, paper, crayons, glue, rulers and folders. The goal is to fill every donated backpack with all the supplies a student would need.
Donations will be accepted until July 26 and Smile Dental Clinics will match any donations received.
Toni Allen, Operations Manager at Smile Dental Clinics said this back-to-school drive was the best way to give back to the community.
“We have this amazing community that has been supporting our office. We want to find more ways to give back. This was one way we could help families lighten this burden at an otherwise stressful and costly time of year”
Donations can be dropped off at Smile Dental Clinics office located at 7102 West Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85033.