- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 2 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 3 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 3 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 4 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 4 days ago
Junior League of Phoenix Wraps Up the Season Raising Funds to ‘Build a Healthy Arizona’
The Event: 2019 White Party – ‘A Night at the Races’
The Cause: The Junior League of Phoenix
Mission: JLP is an organization of over 1,000 women committed to the promoted voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the Valley of the Sun through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
White Party Chair: MicKayla Mages
Date held: April 27, 2019
Venue: Young’s Market Company
Dollars raised: $20,000+
Funds raised support the following JLP “Building a Healthy Arizona” programs:
- ROCKETS—Raising Our Children’s Knowledge by Educating Through Science, a program that promotes early childhood development of science skills.
- Kids in the Kitchen, a nutritional initiative that seeks to combat childhood obesity.
- Kids Cook with Heart, a partnership with the American Heart Association that provides hands-on healthy cooking classes and nutrition and cardio vascular health education to valley youth
- Ending Hunger in the Classroom, a partnership with Valley of the Sun United Way which provides 4,700 students in nine Valley schools with nutritious breakfasts and distributes Weekend Hunger Bags during the school year.
Photo Credit: Michelle McIntyre