- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 3 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 4 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 5 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 5 days ago
Barro’s Pizza And Pepsi Partner To Raise Funds For Arizona Families Affected By Pediatric Cancer
Family-owned Barro’s Pizza and Pepsi are teaming up for the fourth year this June to raise money for children and families affected by pediatric cancer.
In June, all Barro’s Pizza locations will donate proceeds up to $40,000 from the sale of any lunch special to the Arizona Cancer Foundation for Children (ACFC), a local nonprofit whose mission is to help Arizona families with the high costs and challenging logistics while caring for their children during cancer treatment.
“Helping others in our community is paramount to our family and our business,” said Bruce Barro, owner of Barro’s Pizza. “We are constantly looking for ways to make a difference in our community so, in June, we will donate all proceeds from the sales of any lunch special purchased to help families that have children battling cancer.”
Arizona Cancer Foundation for Children was founded by Chrisie Funari after she lost her young daughter, Ava, to cancer. Funari traveled the country seeking the best treatments and care for her daughter. Knowing the struggle and the toll it takes on the family, Funari started the organization to empower families by ensuring they have a secure place to live, access to medical treatment and continued support.
“Barro’s Pizza goes to such great lengths each year to support our mission,” said Chrisie Funari president and founder of Arizona Cancer Foundation for Children. “We are so thankful for their generosity each summer. The money donated will help cover expenses associated with a child’s cancer diagnosis, provide Sunshine Packs filled with items that provide comfort and fun while undergoing treatment and emotional and financial support for end of life.”
Since it started in 2013, ACFC has helped hundreds of local families, and with the help of companies like Barro’s Pizza, hopes to continue to help more and more families each year.
During the entire month of June, Barro’s Pizza is encouraging guests to choose from an array of lunch specials starting at 10:30 am daily at all locations. Lunch hours vary by location.