- Free Tickets Available To See PJ Masks At Phoenix Famtastical FestivalPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Dept. Of Housing Honors First Place AZ With 2019 Housing Hero AwardPosted 3 days ago
- ‘Kinky Boots,’ A Joyful Musical About Finding Your Footing, Comes To The Phoenix Theatre CompanyPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Couple Asks For Donations for Cancer Charity Instead of Wedding GiftsPosted 3 days ago
- Kids Heart Challenge Awards Grants To Elementary SchoolsPosted 1 week ago
- Diamondbacks Players Raise Funds and Awareness Through Fantasy Football Draft EventPosted 1 week ago
The Devour Culinary Classic Celebrates Ten Delicious Years
Arizona’s premier culinary festival, the Devour Culinary Classic, celebrated its 10th anniversary in February.
This annual two-day event rounds out Devour week and showcases the state’s best chefs, restaurateurs, and food and beverage artisans and producers. Over the past decade, the Devour Culinary Classic has evolved into a well-known and highly regarded culinary event on a national and international level.
About 4,000 people attended this year’s festivities, marking 5 consecutive years where both days of the Classic have sold out.
This year, guests sampled gourmet food and drink presented by 118 participants and enjoyed live entertainment and food and drink demonstrations in the serene and beautiful setting of the Desert Botanical Garden. There was an array of cuisines and beverage types to try; from seafood, sliders, pasta, and unique takes on well-known dishes such as chicken marsala and much more, the samples were plentiful and generous.
Wineries, distilleries, coffee companies, breweries, and even Kombucha provided perfect pairings and refreshment to all throughout the day. To commemorate the 10th anniversary, guests were gifted with a special reusable wine glass and a 10th Anniversary Commemorative recipe book.
The weekend’s participants put a lot of work and creativity into their menus and how they represent themselves and this makes for some fun competition. Each year Excellence awards are presented by Devour for taste, innovation, and presentation. This year, Cartwright’s Modern Cuisine took home the coveted Best of Devour, Excellence in Distinction award while The Parlor and Gertrude’s restaurant were both recognized with this year’s newest award for Excellence in Sustainability.