- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 1 day ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 4 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Sojourner Center Announces Grant From The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable TrustPosted 1 week ago
- Fiesta Bowl Opens Applications For 2019 Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade Presented By Cheez-ItPosted 1 week ago
- Royse Contemporary Celebrates Two Year Anniversary With New ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
Luther College Concert Band to Play at Paradise Valley Church March 26
The Luther College Concert Band, one of the Midwest’s leading touring collegiate wind ensembles, will present a concert at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, at Ascension Lutheran Church in Paradise Valley.
The performance is part of the Concert Band’s 2019 Southwest Tour. The performance is open to the public with no charge for admission. A freewill offering will be taken.
The program includes “Paris Sketches” by Martin Ellerby, “La Procession Du Rocio” by Joaquin Turina, “Konzertstück for Four Horns and Band” by Robert Schumann, “Rocky Point Holiday” by Ron Nelson, “Be Thou My Vision” by David Gillingham and “Stars and Stripes Forever” by John Philip Sousa.
The Luther College Concert Band was formed in 1878, laying the foundation for what would become the college’s long-standing tradition of musical excellence. Directed by Joan deAlbuquerque, the Concert Band is now one of the oldest touring organizations in the nation and ranks among the country’s outstanding undergraduate college bands.
Luther College is home to one of the largest collegiate music programs in the nation with five choirs, three bands, three orchestras, two jazz bands and more than 800 student musicians. Luther College students participate in large ensembles, faculty-coached chamber groups, private lessons and master classes. More than 275 music majors study music theory, ear training, history, education, composition, jazz, church music and performance.
Ascension Lutheran Church is located at 7100 North Mockingbird Lane in Paradise Valley, ½ mile west of Scottsdale Road and ½ mile north of Lincoln Drive, just north of Indian Bend Road. For more information call 480-948-6050.