- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 2 hours ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 1 day ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 5 days ago
- Ad Agency Employees Pack Nearly 13,000 Meals for Local Children And FamiliesPosted 5 days ago
- Blood Emergency: Red Cross Issues Urgent Call For Blood And Platelet DonorsPosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Chamber Announces Nominations Now Open For 34th Annual Sterling AwardsPosted 1 week ago
Keep Nature Wild to Host Cleanup Celebrating Arizona’s Birthday
Keep Nature Wild, a Mesa-based company that sells outdoor-inspired gear, is hosting a wilderness cleanup at South Mountain Park on Feb. 16. in collaboration with Local First AZ and The Churchill.
The free, family-friendly and dog-friendly event will cleanup the South Mountain trails and Scorpion Gulch. All supplies needed to pick up trash in a safe manner are provided for each person upon arrival, and snacks will be supplied by Sweet Cakes Bakery and Peanut Butter Americano. Volunteers are encouraged to head over to The Churchill after the cleanup for a post-cleanup celebration.
This wilderness cleanup is the 30th that the company has hosted since its founding in 2016. Along with the help of many volunteers, Keep Nature Wild has removed nearly 200,000 pounds of trash from parks and wilderness areas throughout Arizona, California, Oregon, Colorado, Texas and Utah. The Churchill hosts urban cleanups each Saturday in Phoenix, but will be combining efforts with Keep Nature Wild to support this event. Last year over 400 volunteers attended this event and collected over 11,000 pounds of trash.
“Not only are we doing something good for our wild lands and community by picking up trash, we get to support local Arizona businesses,” said Keep Nature Wild co-founder Cameron Jarman. “Many will be represented at this cleanup by helping pick up trash and bringing giveaway goodies for our volunteers.”
The cleanup participants will meet at the South Mountain Activity Center at 10 a.m. on Feb. 16. In order to ensure enough supplies, snacks and drinks for everyone, attendees are encouraged register ahead of time at https://keepnaturewild.com/blogs/join-a-cleanup/arizona-birthday-cleanup-south-mountain-2-16-2019.