- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 3 hours ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 1 day ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 5 days ago
- Ad Agency Employees Pack Nearly 13,000 Meals for Local Children And FamiliesPosted 5 days ago
- Blood Emergency: Red Cross Issues Urgent Call For Blood And Platelet DonorsPosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Chamber Announces Nominations Now Open For 34th Annual Sterling AwardsPosted 1 week ago
Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th Anniversary
Phoenix Theatre is changing its name to The Phoenix Theatre Company, effective Jan. 21.
The Phoenix Theatre Company is a professional live stage company located in the heart of the Central Arts District in downtown Phoenix.
“As a producing company, we create everything you see on stage right here on our campus — the set, props, lighting, costumes, and sound, as well as the casting, choreography, live music, and directing,” said Michael Barnard, producing artistic director. “Including the word ‘company’ in the theatre’s name exemplifies the proud reflection the organization has of the people who make the establishment great.”
As the first arts organization in Arizona and a founding member of the Central Arts District, The Phoenix Theatre Company will continue its commitment to advancing performing arts in the Valley. The company produces 500 performances each year on multiple stages including both well-known and original pieces of work.
“Changing our name to The Phoenix Theatre Company is the first celebratory act we are taking in preparing to kick off our 100th season, which we are excited to announce in late February.” said Vincent VanVleet, managing director.