- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 7 days ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
Frontdoors Five: Top Staycation Spots
The staycation is an integral part of any Valley dweller’s summer plans — not only is there something so much more satisfying about sleeping in a hotel bed than your own, the 100+ degree heat scared away most of the tourists (and plenty of residents), so the rates at all our incredible resorts are better than ever. While it’s hard to go wrong with any of our top hotels, we’ve put together our list of our top five picks.
1. The Camby
The Camby is one of Phoenix’s newer hotels and a must-see if you haven’t visited yet. Not only is it conveniently located in central Phoenix (and right across from Biltmore Fashion Park!) it has plenty of fun programming for the summer like its tipsy tea parties, in-room guitar loaner program and summer-focused spa treatments like the 20-minute body bliss foot and leg refresher.
2. Mountain Shadows
Mountain Shadows is another relatively new spot in the Valley’s resort scene, but it’s already made a name for itself thanks to its incredible mountain views, delicious restaurant Hearth ‘61 and long list of activities. We especially love the moonlight yoga, Friday sunset champagne toasts and golf.
3. Hotel Valley Ho
Old Town Scottsdale
Hotel Valley Ho is the place to be if you’re prioritizing fun this staycation season — from its central Scottsdale location to its lively pool programming complete with cabanas and music provided by local DJs to half off wine deals there’s no way to have a boring weekend here.
4. Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Boredom isn’t an option for even the most adventurous children at the Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass — from the summer holiday waterpark weekends with slip and slides and dunk tanks to outdoor lawn games like life-size Jenga and corn hole, there are activities to keep everyone in the family entertained all summer long.
5. The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch
Not only is The Scottsdale Resort debuting its luxurious, recently renovated Presidential Suites this season, its offering plenty of entertainment including live music, weekend movies, cornhole, horseshoes and ping pong.