- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 1 week ago
- Education InnovationPosted 1 week ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
Frontdoors Five: Best Desserts for National Cookie Dough Day
Forget what your mother told you about salmonella — National Cookie Dough Day is today, Thursday June 21, and life’s too short not to enjoy it, plus safe-to-eat cookie dough is making its way to the mainstream you can eat away without fear. To mark the occasion, and cookie dough’s increased popularity, we’ve rounded up our top cookie dough inspired dessert picks.
1. Cookie Dough Scoops and Ice Cream Sandwiches at Unbaked
Unbaked is Old Town Scottsdale’s newest addition to the Valley’s cookie dough scene and the only brick and mortar spot where you can get scoops of delicious, safe-to-eat cookie dough whenever you want. Plus, the experience is completely customizable, with ice cream options, gluten free options, vegan options and plenty of flavors and toppings.
2. Cookie Dough Scoops from Dough Licious Desserts Food Truck
Dough Licious is currently bringing its delicious safe-to-eat cookie dough to events across the Valley with plans to open a brick and mortar location soon. It has plenty of flavors and toppings to choose from and you can even enjoy your dough out of a puffle cone for extra Instagram appeal.
3. Cookie Dough Jars at Toasted Mallow
Gilbert-based s’mores bar Toasted Mallow sells delicious cookie doughs topped with their handcrafted marshmallow whip in a jar — perfect for an at-home, straight out of the jar dessert. Enjoy flavors like chocolate chip, birthday cake, peanut butter, cookies and cream and even banana pudding!
4. Cookie Dough Cupcake at Caketini
Scottsdale and Gilbert
Intrigued but not sure if you’re ready for straight cookie dough? Then Caketini’s cookie dough cupcake made with brown sugar and chocolate chip cake filled with cookie dough and topped with cream cheese buttercream and topped with a chocolate chip cookie is for you.
5. The DOHboy at Nami
There are few ice creams as highly regarded as the beloved chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and Nami has a great one — plus it’s vegan! The soft serve ice cream comes with organic chocolate syrup and your choice of toppings.