- Frontdoors Media Launches Several New Initiatives To Expand Reach in Community — Including New Print MagazinePosted 6 days ago
- ‘Operation Uplift’ Valley of the Sun United Way Civic Service Campaign Kicks OffPosted 1 week ago
- Finding A RainbowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: one-n-tenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Suited with Confidence, Hope and StylePosted 2 weeks ago
- Carey’s Corner: Diversity Makes Us Better LeadersPosted 2 weeks ago
Bank of America Donates $725K to Valley Nonprofits
The grants will focus on removing barriers to economic success and increasing access to shelter and education needed to establish financial stability.
“So many of us are just one life event away from being homeless or needing to depend on basic services such as food banks or shelters, said Arizona market president for Bank of America Benito Almanza. “But through strategic philanthropic investments into Maricopa county’s nonprofit network – such as Year Up, United Food Bank and Valley of the Sun United Way – we can deploy capital and resourced to help meet fundamental needs to get people back on the path to economic stability.”
These grants coincide with Bank of America’s volunteer work to improve the financial lives of individuals and families in the Valley. In 2017, Bank of America volunteers donated more than 100,000 hours in the Phoenix market alone.
The organizations receiving grants are as follows:
- Back-To-School Clothing Drive
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service
- Year Up, Inc.
- Arizona Council on Economic Education
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance
- New Pathways for Youth
- Arizona Women’s Education & Employment
- Native American Connections Inc.
- Be A Leader
- Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center
- Florence Crittenton Services of Arizona
- Sun City Area Interfaith Services (Benevilla)
- United Food Bank
- A New Leaf
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix
- Child Crisis Center
- ICAN (Improving Chandler Area Neighborhoods)
- Junior Achievement of Arizona
- Homeless ID Project
- Fresh Start Womens Foundation
- Seed Spot
- St. Joseph the Worker
- Central Arizona Shelter Services
- Diocesan Council for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Diocese Phoenix
- Sojourner Center
- Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS Inc.
- Valley of the Sun United Way