- Nancy Roach Retires From Ronald McDonald House Charities After Nearly 20 Years; National Search PlannedPosted 8 hours ago
- Canal Convergence’s ‘Reflection Rising’ Receives National Honor From Public Art NetworkPosted 2 days ago
- The Board Of Visitors Announces The 2020 Flower GirlsPosted 4 days ago
- Joseph Benesh Named Executive Director Of Arizona Citizens For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Young Father Finds Year Up Arizona Program To Build Future For Himself And His FamilyPosted 5 days ago
- Delta Dental Of Arizona Gives Grant Towards Dental Care Project For Formerly Homeless Children And MothersPosted 5 days ago
Frontdoors Five: Summer Events
While things certainly slow down in the Valley over the hot summer months, you don’t have to completely give up your social life! While the bustling city’s array of events may slim down while the schools are out of session and Phoenicians are traveling to cooler climates, there are still plenty of great events to check out over the summer. Check out our top picks and be sure to let us know what your summer plans are!
1. The Real Wild and Woody Beer Festival on July 28
Phoenix Convention Center
The Real Wild and Woody Beer Festival is returning to provide beer lovers samples from more than 65 Southwest breweries. Each ticket includes 20 sampling tickets that can be redeemed for a taste of the 350 beers available. Small bites from top restaurants will also be available.
2. Inaugural Flower Bomb Festival through May 27
Westgate Entertainment District
A new pop-up art series kicked off this year with thousands of handmade paper flowers creating an interactive garden and art display that’s free for the community.
3. Prowl & Play: Superheroes Unite! On June 9
This family-friendly activity is a great opportunity to get the kids out of the house while enjoying splash pads and waterslides, animal encounters and other kid-centered activities, all with a super hero theme.
4. July 4th Tempe Town Lake Festival on July 4
Tempe Town Lake
It’s never too early to start planning for the most patriotic day of the year, and Tempe Town Lake’s celebration is regarded as one of the best in town! Enjoy fireworks, rides and plenty of food and drinks from celebrated local vendors like Macayo’s Depot Cantina.
5. Blush International Rosé Festival on June 9
The Clayton House
The Blush International Rosé Festival will celebrate a favorite summer drink — rosé wine with unlimited tastings of the 100 wines, pink beer and pink cocktails, unlimited tastings, food, music and more.