- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Celebrates $400 Million Invested in the ValleyPosted 4 days ago
- Fashion is Art at Fashion by Robert BlackPosted 5 days ago
- Education InnovationPosted 5 days ago
- Phoenix is About to Transform its Own Version of Central ParkPosted 5 days ago
- Bite Nite Raises Record-Breaking $278K for ALS PatientsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dancing with the Stars Celebrities Support Valley-Based Charity at Horse Power with Star PowerPosted 1 month ago
Arizona Humane Society’s Compassion With Fashion Raises the Ruff for Animal Welfare
By Tyler Butler
With custom critters like Kitty Purry and Brad Pitbull in tow, it was apparent right away that this year’s Arizona Humane Society Compassion with Fashion Luncheon was going to be one to remember.
The Camelback Inn patio was a buzz with a plethora of silent auction and pet themed items for guests to bid on. There were several photo opportunities as well, giving those in attendance the chance to snap pictures with AHS pets and also with costumed mascots.
A fashion show presented by My Sister’s Closet kicked off the program and Urban Electra had attendees amped while ensembles by My Sister’s Closet creative director Tess Loo stomped the cat walk.
Well-known community members Oscar De Las Salas and Gary Jackson along with their adorable pug Hugo were a crowd favorite. And the leadership of My Sister’s Closet CEO and AHS Board member Ann Siner was omni present as the event raised more than $1M for this worthy cause.
Tess Loo and Ann Siner also served as the co-chairs for this year’s luncheon.
The event was emceed by Brandon Lee and Heather Moore from 3TV and hosted nearly 1,100 guests.
The crowd was purr-fectly entertained with the pets portion of the program as they watched Arizona Humane Society’s Emergency Animal Medical Technicians walk the furry friends that were up for adoption down the runway.
All 16 pets that were available for adoption found loving homes as well. The event was followed by a stellar VIP after party hosted by Tito’s Handmade Vodka, THE Vodka For Dog People, and the entire event was presented by PetSmart Charities.
Photos by Alex DeForest, Brian Sterrett, Darrell Bragdon of the Arizona Humane Society.