- Office Doors: Dr. Sarika DesaiPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Produce QueenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Summer Camps are Fun and Big Business for NonprofitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Habitat for Humanity Reveals New Home to Family — With a SurprisePosted 2 weeks ago
- Don’t Be a Chump! Check for a Lump! Had Guests Wigging Out to Fight Breast CancerPosted 3 weeks ago
- Teen Lifeline Hosts Committee Launch for their Connections of Hope DinnerPosted 3 weeks ago
one-n-ten Names Nate Rhoton Interim Executive Director
Rhoton previously served as the organization’s director of finance and operations and as the director of development. He has also worked for General Mills, Gap and Sky Construction of Engineering.
“As the board works through our official executive search process, Nate is stepping in to lead the agency,” said board chair Carmen Jandacek. “We want to make sure that the board is thoughtful in its efforts to bring in the right person for our new executive as we grow in our reach and impact on hundreds of LGBTQ youth here in the Valley and in parts of the state.”
Rhoton holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Arizona State University in economics and is a graduate of Valley Leadership as well as a Flinn-Brown Leadership Fellow.
He has a long history of community involvement, having previously served as a board co-chair for Equality Arizona, a supporter of The Melonhead Foundation and as the gala committee chair for the Human Rights Campaign.
His recognitions include the Mayor Phil Gordon Community Spirit Award, Phoenix Pride in 2015, the Neil Giuliano Alumni Award from ASU in 2013, and the Local Hero’s Award from One Community Foundation in 2012.
As executive director, Rhoton will oversee one-n-ten’s various programs.
The board plans to have a permanent executive director by February.