- Creighton University Announces Construction of $100M Medical Campus in PhoenixPosted 47 mins ago
- Frontdoors Media Launches Several New Initiatives To Expand Reach in Community — Including New Print MagazinePosted 7 days ago
- ‘Operation Uplift’ Valley of the Sun United Way Civic Service Campaign Kicks OffPosted 1 week ago
- Finding A RainbowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Charity Spotlight: one-n-tenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Suited with Confidence, Hope and StylePosted 2 weeks ago
Frontdoors Five: Best Tacos for Taco Day
Everyone loves tacos, or at least they should, and with National Taco Day coming up next week on October 4, we thought we’d share some of our top taco picks from around the Valley.
1. Al Pastor Pork Taco at Taco Guild
Taco Guild is one of the few places that has an atmosphere as amazing as its food — so if you have to make just one stop on National Taco Day, this is the hip place to be. We most appreciate the Al Pastor Pork taco for its unique combination of ingredients, which includes pork, grilled pineapple, jalapeño bacon and pickled red onion.
2. Tempura Avocado Taco at CRUjiente Tacos
Behold — the best vegetarian taco, maybe ever. It’s crispy avocado, black beans, cotija cheese, queso, red onion and a bit of jalapeño for spice. As with all CRUjiente Tacos, each ingredient is thoughtfully hand-picked for the perfect flavor profile.
3. Braised Green Chili Chicken Taco at Diego Pops
You may not think of Diego Pops as an authority on culinary delights — but that’s just because you’ve been too busy drinking their margaritas to try their tacos. Diego Pops is a consistent winner at the Arizona Taco Festival, so we think that speaks for itself. Our favorite is the braised green chili chicken with crema cotija, house slaw and of course, green chili chicken.
4. Carne Asada Taco at Joyride Tacos
It wouldn’t be a complete list of tacos without a carne asada taco, and Joyride’s definitely got this one down to a science. It’s made with angus beef, fire-roasted salsa, cabbage, cilantro and onion.
5. Pescado Taco at Barrio Café
Barrio Café’s Chef Silvana is one of the authorities on Mexican food in Phoenix so it’s no surprise they’re serving up one of the most delicious, authentic fish tacos in town. It’s a simple recipe — with beer battered fish, shredded cabbage, avocado and Baja aioli, but its simplicity only adds to its deliciousness.