- Phoenix Suns Charities Surprises Genesis City with $100K “Playmaker” GrantPosted 9 hours ago
- Ryan House Announces Death of its Namesake, Ryan CottorPosted 1 day ago
- Gilbert Bike Shop Raising Funds to Donate Bikes to Grandchildren Raised by GrandparentsPosted 1 week ago
- Banner Health Foundation Awards $4.5 Million to 14 Programs StatewidePosted 1 week ago
- S.E.E.4VETS receives $100K donation from late actor/veteran William E. PhippsPosted 1 week ago
- Dorrance Family Foundation Provides $300,000 Matching Grant to Rancho FelizPosted 1 week ago
Mom of the Year
Valle del Sol will honor four women with “Mom of the Year” awards and UMOM New Day Centers with the inaugural Rose Mofford Caring for the Community Award at the 2014 Mom of the Year event taking place on Friday, May 9, 2014, 8:15 a.m., at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Phoenix.
Mom of the Year is a recognition event to honor women of diverse backgrounds for service to community and for their exemplary roles as mothers. The event raises funds to benefit uncompensated care for families and children seeking primary care assistance at Valle del Sol’s Mi Salud clinics. The premier sponsor is Cox Communications.
“The four honorees selected positively embody motherhood and service to the community,” said Kurt Sheppard, Valle del Sol’s President & CEO. “Their contributions of leadership profoundly touch many in our community and heighten philanthropy and volunteerism.”
Honorees for Mom of the Year are Lisa Pacheco Geyser, Co-Founder of Families Giving Back; Robin Milne, Executive Director of Phoenix Suns Charities; Judy Jolley Mohraz, President and CEO of the Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust; and Judy Shubert, Retired Nonprofit/Philanthropic Leader.
“Valle del Sol is honored to name an award after Arizona’s first female governor who has never stopped working for the people of Arizona and most especially for nonprofits assisting the homeless, elderly, women and children,” said Sheppard. “Governor Mofford’s lifetime of service to others represents everything about this award: caring and community.”
UMOM New Day Centers mission is to prevent and end homelessness with innovative strategies and housing solutions that meet the unique needs of each family and individual. UMOM keeps families together by providing a continuum of care from emergency shelter to transitional housing and finally, permanent, affordable housing. Families at UMOM have the opportunity to gain the skills, medical care, quality child care, and education they need to rebuild their lives and succeed when they leave.