- Phoenix Theatre to Change Name for 100th AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
- Troupe Vertigo and The Phoenix Symphony to Perform ‘Cirque Swan Lake’Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona Good Business Summit Offers Solutions to Build Profit and CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s Arizona Images Featured in Exhibition at Scottsdale’s Museum of the WestPosted 1 week ago
- Damien Sneed to Perform MLK Tribute on Jan. 25 at Mesa Arts CenterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Arizona Balloon Classic Coming Jan. 25-27, Benefiting United WayPosted 2 weeks ago
2018 Society of Chairs Gala Celebrated those who Give Back
Frontdoors Media presented the Society of Chairs Gala on Wednesday, May 16 at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. Deborah Bateman served as the event chairwoman and Linda Herold served as the honorary chair.
The event, which returned after a hiatus and was re-imagined by Frontdoors Media, honored those who had chaired charitable events throughout the previous event season.
Title sponsors National Bank of Arizona and the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa and award sponsors Eide Bailly and SRP honored the work of Act One, Sarah Suggs of O’Connor Institute, Rob Leslie (in memoriam) and Linda Herold for founding Society of Chairs in 2010. Table sponsors included Fiesta Bowl Charities, the Phoenix Suns, Scutari & Cieslak Public Relations and Tito’s Handmade Vodka. The event also highlighted several local businesses. A copy of the event program can be viewed here.
The evening also served as the official launch of the Sauce Foundation which was created in the memory of Frontdoors’ late editor Mike Saucier. The foundation will fund pancreatic cancer research as well as scholarships in Mike’s honor for students at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University.