- Voya Financial Collaborates With Global Nonprofit To Serve Navajo Children In ArizonaPosted 1 day ago
- Traveling Art Installation Heading to Phoenix and Benefiting Homeless PetsPosted 1 day ago
- Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation Announces $3M in Annual Giving, National Day of ServicePosted 1 day ago
- Phoenix Suns Invest $1 Million In Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Expansion InitiativesPosted 1 week ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical CenterPosted 1 week ago
- Xavier College Prep Golfer Claims Pro-Junior Title, Wins $50k For The First TeePosted 1 week ago
Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical Center
Local nonprofit Two Pups Wellness Fund recently purchased new state-of-the-art LED surgery lights for the East and West Valley veterinary clinics for Maricopa County Animal Care and Control (MCACC).
The veterinary doctors and their staff perform approximately 300 surgeries a week and approximately 15,000 surgeries a year. The new lights are a significant upgrade that will give the veterinarian staff the tools to continue to help thousands of animals.
“When we learned about the challenges the veterinarians were working under with the old lighting, we knew we wanted to help,” said Nancy Silver, founder of Two Pups Wellness Fund. “This is something we can do that will help not just one animal with one surgery, but all surgical procedures being done daily.”
Prior to the installation, veterinarians and staff were straining their eyes during surgical procedures and the lights were often too hot to move and difficult to adjust.
“The veterinarians are often working four to five hours straight doing numerous spay, neuter and life-saving surgeries; with the new lights they will be able to see more clearly,” states Kristen Brooks, MCACC clinic manager. “The difference is like night and day.”
The purchase was made possible by the generous support of private donations to Two Pups Wellness Fund. Two Pups Wellness Fund is a local nonprofit that provides financial assistance for animals who are critically ill, injured, neglected or abandoned. The nonprofit works directly with rescues and shelters throughout Maricopa County to identify and medically treat animals in need. Since its inception in 2017, Two Pups has helped more than 4,000 animals receive medical care and treatments.