- Voya Financial Collaborates With Global Nonprofit To Serve Navajo Children In ArizonaPosted 11 hours ago
- Traveling Art Installation Heading to Phoenix and Benefiting Homeless PetsPosted 11 hours ago
- Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation Announces $3M in Annual Giving, National Day of ServicePosted 11 hours ago
- Phoenix Suns Invest $1 Million In Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Expansion InitiativesPosted 7 days ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical CenterPosted 1 week ago
- Xavier College Prep Golfer Claims Pro-Junior Title, Wins $50k For The First TeePosted 1 week ago
Boys & Girls Clubs Of Metro Phoenix Presents The Renee LaBelle Parsons Girls Leadership Award
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix presented the third annual Renee LaBelle Parsons Girls Leadership Award during its recent “Fueling our Future” community breakfast. Renee Parsons, co-founder of The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation, announced the 2019 award winner, Araceli Morales Rodriguez, via video address during the Sept. 13 event held at the Omni Scottsdale Resort.
Established by the Parsonses three years ago, the annual Renee LaBelle Parsons Girls Leadership Award honors girls who have shown three fundamental leadership qualities: collaboration, assertiveness and empathy. The recipient, who is selected by BGCMP, is presented with a new laptop as well as the opportunity to be granted up to $80,000 of scholarship funding over four years. The Renee LaBelle Parsons Leadership Award is the Foundation’s largest scholarship to date.
“It is our mission through The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation to champion the important work of organizations like the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix,” said Parsons, who is also president of PXG Apparel and an executive at YAM Worldwide. “This award is especially close to my heart because of the opportunity it offers deserving and motivated young girls to pursue their dreams, reach their full potential and have a positive impact on those around them.”
BGCMP’s annual breakfast showcases the lasting impact the organization has on the local community. The organization’s comprehensive programs place a primary focus on academic achievement, personal development and leadership, which has resulted in above average graduation rates among members. High-quality programs, professional staff and a nurturing environment are just a few of the many resources the Club utilizes to fulfill its mission of helping youth become productive, caring and responsible members of the community.
“Pursuing higher education is one of the most effective ways to break the cycle of poverty, but many of our youth face unique challenges that may prevent them from having this opportunity,” said Marcia Mintz, CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix. “Our organization is fortunate to have the continued support of Bob and Renee Parsons that gives individuals like Araceli the chance to continue her education beyond high school.”
For several years, The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation has supported Boys & Girls Clubs in both Metro Phoenix and Greater Scottsdale. The Foundation has given a combined $8+ million to the organizations, including numerous Youth of the Year scholarships.