- Free Tickets Available To See PJ Masks At Phoenix Famtastical FestivalPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Dept. Of Housing Honors First Place AZ With 2019 Housing Hero AwardPosted 2 days ago
- ‘Kinky Boots,’ A Joyful Musical About Finding Your Footing, Comes To The Phoenix Theatre CompanyPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Couple Asks For Donations for Cancer Charity Instead of Wedding GiftsPosted 2 days ago
- Kids Heart Challenge Awards Grants To Elementary SchoolsPosted 1 week ago
- Diamondbacks Players Raise Funds and Awareness Through Fantasy Football Draft EventPosted 1 week ago
Arizona Couple Asks For Donations for Cancer Charity Instead of Wedding Gifts
September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month — and couple Candace and Mike are getting married on Sept. 22 and asking guests to consider making a charitable donation to Cancer Support Community Arizona (CSCAZ) instead of traditional wedding gifts.
The young couple has been supporters and volunteers of CSCAZ since October 2018. Candace’s father passed away from Leukemia and had a big heart for children with cancer. They postponed their wedding previously when Candace’s father was diagnosed with Leukemia. They were hoping they could be married once he recovered, and unfortunately, that didn’t happen. Today, the two enjoy living out his memory and legacy by supporting people in Arizona with cancer.
They volunteer quarterly at CSCAZ’s large youth, teen and family programs and events, and the couple partnered with the nonprofit to create a new program called “Art’s Angels” in honor of her father.
“He had big plans of delivering stuffed animals to the children’s ward, and never had the opportunity,” Candace said. “CSCAZ has partnered with us to allow us the opportunity to deliver these stuffed animals to children battling cancer on his behalf. They have welcomed us with open arms by guiding us in program planning and supporting us with our vision — CSCAZ inadvertently aided in our healing.”