- Organization for Nonprofit Executives Joins Alliance of Arizona NonprofitsPosted 17 hours ago
- ‘The Sound of Music’ Returns to The Phoenix Theatre Company to Mark 100th SeasonPosted 3 days ago
- Q&A With Famed Fashion Designer Nicole MillerPosted 3 days ago
- HonorHealth, Sprouts Team Up to Build Community Garden for ChildrenPosted 5 days ago
- Valley Leadership Names Kenneth Schutz, Karrin Taylor Robson Man and Woman of the YearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Garcia Family Foundation Gifts $10 Million to Human Services Campus to Address HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
The Maricopa County Home Show Delivers Donations To Local Schools
The Maricopa County Home Shows generated more than 5,000 contributions of backpacks at its most recent event.
School supplies can be expensive and bring an abundance of stress to families who may not be able to afford them. The July Maricopa County Home and Landscape Show offered two free admission tickets to anyone who brought a new backpack or school supplies for students in need to be donated through the Maricopa County School Superintendent’s Office.
Over the weekend of July 19-21, the public brought more than 5,000 backpacks and school supplies to State Farm Stadium, and the Home Show gave more than $13,000 worth of free admission to those who donated.
“We are thankful that the public has been so generous year after year, and couldn’t be happier to give free admission in order to help students be prepared and ready to learn this school year,” said Maricopa County Home Show Manager Katie Jones. “We have been lucky enough to have received an abundance of supplies that have been donated to local schools with students in need of them.”
The school supplies donations allow students to start the New Year prepared and excited to learn without parents having to worry about how they will afford everything that’s on the back-to-school list. Many children may feel embarrassed to use hand-me-down backpacks, but these brand new backpack donations give them a whole new level of excitement and eagerness to start the school year.
“We are happy to partner with the Maricopa County Home Shows to collect much-needed school supplies for deserving students in our County,” said Maricopa County School Superintendent, Steve Watson. “This event helps provide important supplies needed throughout the year, and we all appreciate each and every donor who has helped these students in such a generous way.”
The next Home Show will be October 18-20 at WestWorld of Scottsdale with a special guest appearance by Emmy Award-winning television host and DIY home renovation and crafts guru, Martha Stewart.