- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 2 days ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 4 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 6 days ago
- Sojourner Center Announces Grant From The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable TrustPosted 1 week ago
- Fiesta Bowl Opens Applications For 2019 Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade Presented By Cheez-ItPosted 1 week ago
- Royse Contemporary Celebrates Two Year Anniversary With New ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
Lyft Expands Wheels For All Grants Program To Continue Supporting Local Nonprofits
Lyft has announced the expansion of its Wheels for All Grants program to support the important work of Valley non-profit organizations focused on building connected, stronger, more equitable communities.
Starting in Sept. 2019, Lyft in Phoenix and 40 other cities nationwide will award ride grants to nonprofits on a quarterly basis to help bridge transportation gaps for individuals and families.
Wheels for All Grants was developed in 2018 to help Lyft identify and connect with some of the Valley’s area’s hardest working organizations. Phoenix has been a part of the Wheels for All Grants program since 2018 and has awarded grants to organizations like the International Rescue Committee, one*n*10 and The MORE Foundation to help ease transportation barriers.
Nonprofits will be awarded Wheels for All Grants on a quarterly basis, with recipients determined by a local committee made up of Lyft employees and representatives from the Driver Advisory Council. Any 501(c)3 organization that operates in greater Phoenix is eligible to apply for a grant.
“We’re proud to be able to offer this opportunity to non-profit organizations who are already making a positive impact on communities in the greater Phoenix,” said Drena Kusari, regional director, Lyft’s Southwest region. “There’s a lot of great work being done, and Lyft is grateful to provide an opportunity for organizations who want to take their meaningful efforts even further.”