- Voya Financial Collaborates With Global Nonprofit To Serve Navajo Children In ArizonaPosted 1 day ago
- Traveling Art Installation Heading to Phoenix and Benefiting Homeless PetsPosted 1 day ago
- Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation Announces $3M in Annual Giving, National Day of ServicePosted 1 day ago
- Phoenix Suns Invest $1 Million In Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Expansion InitiativesPosted 1 week ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical CenterPosted 1 week ago
- Xavier College Prep Golfer Claims Pro-Junior Title, Wins $50k For The First TeePosted 2 weeks ago
Lyft Expands Wheels For All Grants Program To Continue Supporting Local Nonprofits
Lyft has announced the expansion of its Wheels for All Grants program to support the important work of Valley non-profit organizations focused on building connected, stronger, more equitable communities.
Starting in Sept. 2019, Lyft in Phoenix and 40 other cities nationwide will award ride grants to nonprofits on a quarterly basis to help bridge transportation gaps for individuals and families.
Wheels for All Grants was developed in 2018 to help Lyft identify and connect with some of the Valley’s area’s hardest working organizations. Phoenix has been a part of the Wheels for All Grants program since 2018 and has awarded grants to organizations like the International Rescue Committee, one*n*10 and The MORE Foundation to help ease transportation barriers.
Nonprofits will be awarded Wheels for All Grants on a quarterly basis, with recipients determined by a local committee made up of Lyft employees and representatives from the Driver Advisory Council. Any 501(c)3 organization that operates in greater Phoenix is eligible to apply for a grant.
“We’re proud to be able to offer this opportunity to non-profit organizations who are already making a positive impact on communities in the greater Phoenix,” said Drena Kusari, regional director, Lyft’s Southwest region. “There’s a lot of great work being done, and Lyft is grateful to provide an opportunity for organizations who want to take their meaningful efforts even further.”