- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 2 days ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 5 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 6 days ago
- Sojourner Center Announces Grant From The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable TrustPosted 1 week ago
- Fiesta Bowl Opens Applications For 2019 Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade Presented By Cheez-ItPosted 1 week ago
- Royse Contemporary Celebrates Two Year Anniversary With New ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack Drive
International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE) held its annual Fill-A-Backpack Drive during the month of July to raise funds and donate school supplies to its local nonprofit community partner, A New Leaf. The internal ICE Charity Committee raised more than $11,000 from employees at the ICE Headquarters in Scottsdale, helping to fill more than 800 backpacks with binders, notebooks, calculators, pencils, markers, glue, rulers, and many other school supplies. This drive marks ICE’s largest donation ever to A New Leaf.
“Being able to make a difference in the lives of the children and families who use A New Leaf’s services and programs is so meaningful to all of us at ICE,” said Marcia Rowley, COO at ICE. “We are grateful to our generous employees for donating their time and resources to make these drives successful every year, and to our partners at A New Leaf, who make such a significant impact in the community.”
For more than 45 years, A New Leaf has helped local Phoenix families through homeless and domestic violence shelters and services, youth residential programs, foster care programs, behavioral health services, and affordable housing communities. In 2018 alone, they served more than 32,000 residents across the Valley.
In 2016, ICE learned that many of the children utilizing A New Leaf’s services had to use duct tape to seal holes in their shoes. Thereafter, in addition to donating backpacks and school supplies, ICE also started donating retail store gift cards so families could purchase new shoes. For this year’s drive, ICE donated $2,000 in gift cards for new shoes, as well as an additional $3,000 to further support A New Leaf’s charitable initiatives. Executives and children from A New Leaf visited the ICE Headquarters on Friday, Aug. 2 to pick up the donated items and meet some of the employees who contributed to the drive.
“Each year, approximately 85% of the school supplies we receive and distribute to students in need come from ICE,” said Joe Dulin, Certified Fund Raising Executive and Chief Philanthropy Officer at A New Leaf. “ICE goes above and beyond to help provide the supplies and services that our kids and families throughout the community need.”
Earlier this year through another internal fundraising drive, ICE donated $7,000 and necessities such as toiletries and food to A New Leaf. ICE has partnered with A New Leaf since 2007.