- Voya Financial Collaborates With Global Nonprofit To Serve Navajo Children In ArizonaPosted 1 day ago
- Traveling Art Installation Heading to Phoenix and Benefiting Homeless PetsPosted 1 day ago
- Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation Announces $3M in Annual Giving, National Day of ServicePosted 1 day ago
- Phoenix Suns Invest $1 Million In Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Expansion InitiativesPosted 1 week ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical CenterPosted 1 week ago
- Xavier College Prep Golfer Claims Pro-Junior Title, Wins $50k For The First TeePosted 1 week ago
International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack Drive
International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE) held its annual Fill-A-Backpack Drive during the month of July to raise funds and donate school supplies to its local nonprofit community partner, A New Leaf. The internal ICE Charity Committee raised more than $11,000 from employees at the ICE Headquarters in Scottsdale, helping to fill more than 800 backpacks with binders, notebooks, calculators, pencils, markers, glue, rulers, and many other school supplies. This drive marks ICE’s largest donation ever to A New Leaf.
“Being able to make a difference in the lives of the children and families who use A New Leaf’s services and programs is so meaningful to all of us at ICE,” said Marcia Rowley, COO at ICE. “We are grateful to our generous employees for donating their time and resources to make these drives successful every year, and to our partners at A New Leaf, who make such a significant impact in the community.”
For more than 45 years, A New Leaf has helped local Phoenix families through homeless and domestic violence shelters and services, youth residential programs, foster care programs, behavioral health services, and affordable housing communities. In 2018 alone, they served more than 32,000 residents across the Valley.
In 2016, ICE learned that many of the children utilizing A New Leaf’s services had to use duct tape to seal holes in their shoes. Thereafter, in addition to donating backpacks and school supplies, ICE also started donating retail store gift cards so families could purchase new shoes. For this year’s drive, ICE donated $2,000 in gift cards for new shoes, as well as an additional $3,000 to further support A New Leaf’s charitable initiatives. Executives and children from A New Leaf visited the ICE Headquarters on Friday, Aug. 2 to pick up the donated items and meet some of the employees who contributed to the drive.
“Each year, approximately 85% of the school supplies we receive and distribute to students in need come from ICE,” said Joe Dulin, Certified Fund Raising Executive and Chief Philanthropy Officer at A New Leaf. “ICE goes above and beyond to help provide the supplies and services that our kids and families throughout the community need.”
Earlier this year through another internal fundraising drive, ICE donated $7,000 and necessities such as toiletries and food to A New Leaf. ICE has partnered with A New Leaf since 2007.