- Free Tickets Available To See PJ Masks At Phoenix Famtastical FestivalPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Dept. Of Housing Honors First Place AZ With 2019 Housing Hero AwardPosted 3 days ago
- ‘Kinky Boots,’ A Joyful Musical About Finding Your Footing, Comes To The Phoenix Theatre CompanyPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Couple Asks For Donations for Cancer Charity Instead of Wedding GiftsPosted 3 days ago
- Kids Heart Challenge Awards Grants To Elementary SchoolsPosted 1 week ago
- Diamondbacks Players Raise Funds and Awareness Through Fantasy Football Draft EventPosted 1 week ago
Angry Crab Shack Donates More Than $87,500 To Arizona Housing Coalition
Angry Crab Shack, a leading full-service Cajun seafood restaurant specializing in boiled seafood flavored with Cajun Asian signature sauces, raised more than $40,000 in July for the You Dine We Donate month-long promotion benefiting the Arizona Housing Coalition, a local nonprofit organization that aids and provides resources to homeless veterans and their families.
“In our organization, one of the main priorities is giving back to the community that has been very supportive of us over the years and throughout our growth,” said Andy Diamond, CFO of Angry Crab Shack. “We are thankful to our guests for supporting our mission and aiding our communities. Knowing that Angry Crab Shack can make a small impact means the world to us.”
Angry Crab Shack has been partners with the Arizona Housing Coalition for three years and has raised more than $87,500 to date with the You Dine We Donate program. For the full month of July, every diner that entered one of the nine locations statewide helped raised money for the organization. A portion of proceeds was also donated from the sale of Angry Crab Shack merchandise including hats, T-shirts and tank tops.
“We couldn’t provide the work that we do without the generous donations from Angry Crab Shack,” said Shane Groen, special initiatives director at Arizona Housing Coalition. “The donations go toward clothing, food, hygiene products and more. Some of the services it benefits include legal, housing, Motor Vehicle Department and The Department of Economic Security.” Angry Crab Shack has nine locations throughout Arizona and offers fresh seafood by the pound, flown in from the East Coast, Ecuador and the Pacific, coated in its trademarked Cajun Asian spice blends and signature sauces. As part of its community environment, guests enjoy picnic-style eating and are encouraged to leave their mark by writing on the walls before departing.