- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 2 days ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 5 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 6 days ago
- Sojourner Center Announces Grant From The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable TrustPosted 1 week ago
- Fiesta Bowl Opens Applications For 2019 Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade Presented By Cheez-ItPosted 1 week ago
- Royse Contemporary Celebrates Two Year Anniversary With New ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport Equipment
Twin Peaks sports bars have partnered with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix for a summer sports equipment drive.
From June 14 through August 2, all three Valley Twin Peaks locations will support the need for sports equipment for local youth. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix hosts summer camps at all 13 BGCMP locations throughout the Valley. These camps provide kids with the opportunity to have fun, meet new friends, discover new interests and create lasting memories.
Basketballs, soccer balls, jump ropes, footballs – any new sports equipment for kids ages 6 to 18 is appreciated and can be donated at any Twin Peaks location. For guests who donate equipment, Twin Peaks will honor them with a $5 dollar gift card that can be used in the future.
“Giving back to the community and being able to help kids is truly rewarding as a local business owner,” said Carolyn Vangelos, co-owner from Twin Peaks. “We are so excited to help provide new equipment with the hope that these kids will have the best time at camp.”
As a nonprofit, BGCMP heavily relies on the support of the community to run their programs. Twin Peaks is invested in just that.
“We are thrilled to partner with Twin Peaks for this drive,” said Jill Johnson Director of Strategic Partnerships at BGCMP. “The generosity of donors is truly what makes our programs possible. Having Twin Peaks and their customers step up this summer is going to make a huge impact.”
In addition to its sports enthusiasm, Twin Peaks prides itself on friendly service, doling out hearty comfort food made fresh daily, the famous 29 degrees, teeth-chattering draft beer and craft cocktails, all set in a welcoming dining room.