- Free Tickets Available To See PJ Masks At Phoenix Famtastical FestivalPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Dept. Of Housing Honors First Place AZ With 2019 Housing Hero AwardPosted 2 days ago
- ‘Kinky Boots,’ A Joyful Musical About Finding Your Footing, Comes To The Phoenix Theatre CompanyPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Couple Asks For Donations for Cancer Charity Instead of Wedding GiftsPosted 2 days ago
- Kids Heart Challenge Awards Grants To Elementary SchoolsPosted 1 week ago
- Diamondbacks Players Raise Funds and Awareness Through Fantasy Football Draft EventPosted 1 week ago
Ad Agency Employees Pack Nearly 13,000 Meals for Local Children And Families
Fingerpaint, a local full-service advertising agency, closed its office doors on Friday, June 28 so its employees could take part in its annual Philanthropy Day.
The 2nd annual event, “Operation Lunch Lady,” featured employees dressed in “lunch lady” attire, working together in an assembly line to pack meals for underserved children and families in the community. In just a few hours, Fingerpaint employees packaged 12,848 meals, which were then donated to Chicanos Por La Causa, a nonprofit that serves children in families experiencing food insecurity.
The effort was born from the knowledge that food pantry donations dwindle in the summer while the demand goes up, as families who rely on free and reduced lunch programs during the school year don’t have access during school breaks. As a result, Fingerpaint created “Operation Lunch Lady”, a creative campaign in which employees raise awareness and funds, and then conclude their efforts with a company-wide Philanthropy Day on the last Friday of June.
All Fingerpaint offices, including those in New York, New Jersey, Arizona and Pennsylvania, participated in the initiative. Together, the company raised $20,000 to purchase and package 80,786 meals to benefit hunger-relief organizations in each location.
“We look forward to this day all year long. It’s amazing to watch our staff donate and reach out to their networks to ask for support. And packing the meals together at each of our offices, working toward our common goal, is just awesome. It’s such a labor of love for us”, said Bo Goliber, Fingerpaint’s Head of Philanthropy.