- Free Tickets Available To See PJ Masks At Phoenix Famtastical FestivalPosted 2 days ago
- Arizona Dept. Of Housing Honors First Place AZ With 2019 Housing Hero AwardPosted 3 days ago
- ‘Kinky Boots,’ A Joyful Musical About Finding Your Footing, Comes To The Phoenix Theatre CompanyPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Couple Asks For Donations for Cancer Charity Instead of Wedding GiftsPosted 3 days ago
- Kids Heart Challenge Awards Grants To Elementary SchoolsPosted 1 week ago
- Diamondbacks Players Raise Funds and Awareness Through Fantasy Football Draft EventPosted 1 week ago
Sonoran Desert Chorale Announces New Artistic Director
To begin its 26th Season, the Sonoran Desert Chorale announced the appointment of new Artistic Director, Dr. Carric Smolnik.
With the retirement of Founding Director Jeff Harris at the end of the Chorale’s 25th Season, an extensive search was conducted to find a new director and Dr. Smolnik was selected from a field of more than 20 candidates.
Dr. Smolnik holds a Doctor of Musical Arts in Choral Conducting from Arizona State University and a Master of Music, Choral Conducting and Bachelor of Music, Piano Performance from Brigham Young University. He comes to the Chorale from his previous post as assistant conductor and pianist for Orpheus Men’s Chorus of Phoenix. His experience also includes five years as Artistic Director of Arizona Deseret Choir and six years as Artistic Director of Impressions, a choral chamber ensemble.
Dr. Smolnik has long loved choral music. Throughout his career, he has worked with mixed, men’s, and women’s choruses. While he enjoyed all types of choral ensembles, his favorite is the mixed chorus. He loves the breadth of repertoire that is available and the vast range of notes that can be covered through a combination of men’s and women’s voices.
Concerts begin on Saturday and Sunday, October 5 and 6, 2019.