- Yvette Gonzales, Carole Kauffman Elected To Experience Matters Board Of DirectorsPosted 2 days ago
- Back To School Clothing Drive Provides Uniforms, Clothing And Supplies To More Than 5,000 K-6 StudentsPosted 2 days ago
- State Arts Commission Delivers Over $2.63 Million To Arizona CommunitiesPosted 2 days ago
- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 4 days ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 1 week ago
Sonoran Desert Chorale Announces New Artistic Director
To begin its 26th Season, the Sonoran Desert Chorale announced the appointment of new Artistic Director, Dr. Carric Smolnik.
With the retirement of Founding Director Jeff Harris at the end of the Chorale’s 25th Season, an extensive search was conducted to find a new director and Dr. Smolnik was selected from a field of more than 20 candidates.
Dr. Smolnik holds a Doctor of Musical Arts in Choral Conducting from Arizona State University and a Master of Music, Choral Conducting and Bachelor of Music, Piano Performance from Brigham Young University. He comes to the Chorale from his previous post as assistant conductor and pianist for Orpheus Men’s Chorus of Phoenix. His experience also includes five years as Artistic Director of Arizona Deseret Choir and six years as Artistic Director of Impressions, a choral chamber ensemble.
Dr. Smolnik has long loved choral music. Throughout his career, he has worked with mixed, men’s, and women’s choruses. While he enjoyed all types of choral ensembles, his favorite is the mixed chorus. He loves the breadth of repertoire that is available and the vast range of notes that can be covered through a combination of men’s and women’s voices.
Concerts begin on Saturday and Sunday, October 5 and 6, 2019.