- Voya Financial Collaborates With Global Nonprofit To Serve Navajo Children In ArizonaPosted 2 days ago
- Traveling Art Installation Heading to Phoenix and Benefiting Homeless PetsPosted 2 days ago
- Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation Announces $3M in Annual Giving, National Day of ServicePosted 2 days ago
- Phoenix Suns Invest $1 Million In Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix Expansion InitiativesPosted 1 week ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Allocates $23,000 To Shine Light On Maricopa County Animal Care And Control’s Surgical CenterPosted 1 week ago
- Xavier College Prep Golfer Claims Pro-Junior Title, Wins $50k For The First TeePosted 2 weeks ago
Association of Fundraising Professionals Announces Fiesta Bowl Charities As Presenting Sponsor
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Arizona Chapter announced at its May Board of Directors Meeting that Fiesta Bowl Charities has joined as presenting sponsor of the 35th Annual National Philanthropy and Leadership Awards Luncheon. The celebration will be held at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn on Wednesday, November 6, 2019 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
“We are thrilled to partner with Fiesta Bowl Charities as they are an integral part of our philanthropic community and we couldn’t think of a better presenting sponsor to help us showcase all the amazing fundraisers and organizations at this event,” said Liz Kaplan President of the Greater Arizona Chapter (AFP).
Fiesta Bowl Charities has given more than $12.5 million in charitable giving to nonprofit organizations across the state of Arizona in the last eight years including $2.5 million in each of the last two seasons alone.
“Giving back to our community is in the Fiesta Bowl organization’s DNA – to enhance the lives of all Arizonans. When organizations employ a culture of philanthropy, we all win and new opportunities come that would not have otherwise been available,” said Jose Moreno, Vice President of Marketing & Community Relations. “Partnering with the Greater Arizona chapter helps those who lead philanthropic efforts to promote all the benefits that come from giving back.”
Fiesta Bowl Charities was honored in 2017 with the Annual Outstanding Corporate | Foundation Award at the National Philanthropy Day Celebration hosted by the Greater Arizona AFP Chapter.
Other NPD Luncheon sponsors include: Community Brands, Wells Fargo, Patrick Irvine & Fennemore Craig, Scott Allen Creative, Powers Young & Company, Russell Goldstein, The Phoenix Philanthropy Group and Cascalote: Philanthropic Consulting. This year’s event will be co-emcee’d by Hospice of the Valley Director of Community Engagement, Lin Sue Cooney and Channel 12 News Anchor, Mark Curtis.
Established in 1993, AFPGAZ celebrates National Philanthropy Day® because of the extraordinary impact of the charitable activities in our community. The AFP Greater Arizona Chapter has been recognizing leaders in our community for 35 years, recognizing an exceptional philanthropic community at the AFP Award Luncheon. Nominations are open until June 27, for Leadership Awards and through August 30 for the Spirit of Philanthropy Awards, both will be presented at the November 6th Luncheon.
• 35th Annual AFP National Philanthropy Day® and Leadership Award Luncheon Presented by Fiesta Bowl Charities
WHO: WHERE: WHEN:
• 2019 Luncheon Co-Chairs: Julianne Simendinger and Patricia Barney 400+ Valley philanthropists, business leaders, and NPO representatives
• JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn 5402 East Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85253
• Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.