- Yvette Gonzales, Carole Kauffman Elected To Experience Matters Board Of DirectorsPosted 1 day ago
- Back To School Clothing Drive Provides Uniforms, Clothing And Supplies To More Than 5,000 K-6 StudentsPosted 1 day ago
- State Arts Commission Delivers Over $2.63 Million To Arizona CommunitiesPosted 1 day ago
- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 3 days ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 4 days ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 1 week ago
Arizona Students Invited To Help Raise Awareness About Opioid Misuse & Abuse Prevention
In partnership with By Kids For Kids, Arizona Complete Health is sponsoring the OpiEnd Youth Challenge poster contest to help raise awareness about opioid misuse and abuse prevention. Arizona students between 9 and 14 are invited to learn about opioids and the harm opioid abuse can cause, then are challenged to design a poster that helps to raise awareness of the issue. Winning students can receive national and state level prizes by joining Arizona Complete Health in the battle against opioid abuse.
“An average of 115 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose, and nearly 2,000 are hospitalized every day because of opioid misuse. This is a preventable tragedy, and we encourage students to join the fight,” said Arizona Complete Health President and CEO Paul Barnes.
Poster submissions will be judged at both the state and national levels with monetary prizes to the winner’s school or club, and a savings bond to the winning student entrant. The national winner will receive $5,000, with $3,000 for second place, and $1,500 for third place.
Arizona judges will choose the winning poster from among the state’s submissions based on judging criteria, and the school or non-profit organization that helped the student apply will receive a $1,000 prize from Arizona Complete Health.
Full details are available at opiendyouthchallenge.com. The site also includes downloadable information sheets about opioids and guidance on designing a poster. The deadline for entry is September 20.