- Angry Crab Shack Donates More Than $87,500 To Arizona Housing CoalitionPosted 2 hours ago
- Ability360 Receives $40,000 Quality Of Life Grant From Christopher & Dana Reeve FoundationPosted 3 hours ago
- JDRF Arizona Chapter Appoints New Executive DirectorPosted 4 hours ago
- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 2 days ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 5 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 6 days ago
Funds Raised at ‘Night of Heroes’ Support Technology and Training Resources at MIHS
The Event: The Arizona Legacy Circle presents Night of Heroes
The Cause: Maricopa Health Foundation
Mission: Maricopa Health Foundation supports the Maricopa Integrated Health System, the Valley’s only public teaching hospital and safety-net health system.
Event Honoree: Derek Boehm, RN, a military veteran, former firefighter, paramedic and flight paramedic, whose life was changed forever in a fatal helicopter crash during a routine flight in the Superstition Mountains.
Presenting Sponsor: DMG District Medical Group
2019 Annual Sponsor: Kitchell
Date held: April 25, 2019
Venue: Phoenix Art Museum
Program highlight: Emcee Kari Dozer led the incredible program featuring Derek’s story as the sole survivor of the helicopter crash, the hours he spent alone in the cold with life-threatening injuries hoping to be found and the long recovery thanks to the help of the medical team at MIHS. Derek completed his training and is now a Registered Nurse at the hospital that saved his life. Dr. Eric Katz and nurse Kate Moodey were featured program guests as well.
Photo Credit: Phil Gudenschwager