- Canal Convergence’s ‘Reflection Rising’ Receives National Honor From Public Art NetworkPosted 4 hours ago
- The Board Of Visitors Announces The 2020 Flower GirlsPosted 3 days ago
- Joseph Benesh Named Executive Director Of Arizona Citizens For The ArtsPosted 3 days ago
- Young Father Finds Year Up Arizona Program To Build Future For Himself And His FamilyPosted 4 days ago
- Delta Dental Of Arizona Gives Grant Towards Dental Care Project For Formerly Homeless Children And MothersPosted 4 days ago
- Franciscan Renewal Center Opens New Community Life FacilityPosted 4 days ago
Funds Raised at ‘Night of Heroes’ Support Technology and Training Resources at MIHS
The Event: The Arizona Legacy Circle presents Night of Heroes
The Cause: Maricopa Health Foundation
Mission: Maricopa Health Foundation supports the Maricopa Integrated Health System, the Valley’s only public teaching hospital and safety-net health system.
Event Honoree: Derek Boehm, RN, a military veteran, former firefighter, paramedic and flight paramedic, whose life was changed forever in a fatal helicopter crash during a routine flight in the Superstition Mountains.
Presenting Sponsor: DMG District Medical Group
2019 Annual Sponsor: Kitchell
Date held: April 25, 2019
Venue: Phoenix Art Museum
Program highlight: Emcee Kari Dozer led the incredible program featuring Derek’s story as the sole survivor of the helicopter crash, the hours he spent alone in the cold with life-threatening injuries hoping to be found and the long recovery thanks to the help of the medical team at MIHS. Derek completed his training and is now a Registered Nurse at the hospital that saved his life. Dr. Eric Katz and nurse Kate Moodey were featured program guests as well.
Photo Credit: Phil Gudenschwager