- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 1 day ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 4 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 6 days ago
- Sojourner Center Announces Grant From The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable TrustPosted 1 week ago
- Fiesta Bowl Opens Applications For 2019 Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade Presented By Cheez-ItPosted 1 week ago
- Royse Contemporary Celebrates Two Year Anniversary With New ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
Cox Charities Seeks Grant Applicants For 2019 Cycle
Cox Charities is asking Arizona nonprofits that focus on K−12 youth and education programs to submit proposals for grants valued at up to $10,000. This year’s grant cycle is now open and closes on May 29.
In 2018, Cox Charities distributed nearly $544,000 to more than 100 youth and education-focused nonprofits across Arizona. Cox Charities funds are raised through employee-driven fundraisers and personal contributions throughout the year, as well as community fundraising partnerships. Since its inception in 1996, Cox has awarded more than $7.5 million in grants to nonprofit organizations for youth education programs that help build our next generation of community leaders.
Cox Charities has funded local nonprofits that focus on science and technology, arts and culture, safe and healthy lifestyles, overcoming disabilities, mentoring, literacy, leadership development, social skills development, and other areas benefiting youth in the state.
“Cox Charities is committed to supporting children in our state by funding youth and education-focused nonprofits that provide vital programming,” said Susan Anable, vice president of public affairs for Cox Communications. “As we have for many years, Cox Charities supports the communities in which we do business and is a commitment made by all of us from the Cox family, together with the 3,100 Arizona employees.”
Additional support is given to these communities through volunteerism by Cox employees. Cox Arizona employees have access to nearly 54,000 hours of paid volunteer time each year. In an effort to be the most trusted provider of communication and entertainment services, Cox supports Cox Charities’ grant recipients by encouraging its employees to volunteer time in support of many past recipients, such as the Boys & Girls Clubs, Make-a-Wish Arizona, Desert Botanical Gardens, Child Crisis Arizona, Banner Health Foundation, and Childhelp. Funding will not be awarded for capital expenditures or general operations, or for the provision of health care/therapy services, basic needs, entertainment, or socialization/recreation programs. Funding will also not be awarded to pass-through organizations raising funds on behalf of other agencies.
The grant application can be found online atwww.azfoundation.org/grants and can be viewed once a login is created.