- Yvette Gonzales, Carole Kauffman Elected To Experience Matters Board Of DirectorsPosted 1 day ago
- Back To School Clothing Drive Provides Uniforms, Clothing And Supplies To More Than 5,000 K-6 StudentsPosted 1 day ago
- State Arts Commission Delivers Over $2.63 Million To Arizona CommunitiesPosted 1 day ago
- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 3 days ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 4 days ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 1 week ago
Give & Glow Funds Cinderella Dreams for Teens
The event: Give & Glow
The cause: East Valley Women’s League
Mission: East Valley Women’s League is a group, formed through friendships, that helps empower and inspire women and children to lead more promising lives. Their signature programs include the annual Cinderella Affair, which has given more than 10,000 prom dresses to high school girls throughout Arizona.
Top Sponsor: TNT Charities
Date held: March 30, 2019
Venue: Crowne Plaza Chandler Golf Resort
Emcee: Emmy-winning journalist and CBS5 Morning Show host Yetta Gibson
Program highlight: More than 250 guests donned their 80s best and enjoyed a seated dinner as well as silent and live auctions and post-dinner dancing.
Dollars raised: Boosted by a generous crowd, the event raised more than $167,000 to support thousands of women and young people in the community.
Notable moment: After winning the 50/50 raffle, a generous guest donated the more than $3,000 prize back to the organization.
Photo Credit: Marion Rhoades