- Three New Trustees Join Barrow Neurological Foundation BoardPosted 7 hours ago
- Vitalyst Health Foundation Awards $564,700 in innovation GrantsPosted 8 hours ago
- Sonoran Desert Chorale Bids Farewell to Founder and Music DirectorPosted 1 day ago
- Six Salt River Project Employees Honored for VolunteerismPosted 2 days ago
- Visit Mesa Becomes First-Ever Autism-Certified Destination Marketing OrganizationPosted 6 days ago
- Flinn Foundation Selects 20 Excelling Arizona High-School Seniors as 2019 Flinn ScholarsPosted 1 week ago
Give & Glow Funds Cinderella Dreams for Teens
The event: Give & Glow
The cause: East Valley Women’s League
Mission: East Valley Women’s League is a group, formed through friendships, that helps empower and inspire women and children to lead more promising lives. Their signature programs include the annual Cinderella Affair, which has given more than 10,000 prom dresses to high school girls throughout Arizona.
Top Sponsor: TNT Charities
Date held: March 30, 2019
Venue: Crowne Plaza Chandler Golf Resort
Emcee: Emmy-winning journalist and CBS5 Morning Show host Yetta Gibson
Program highlight: More than 250 guests donned their 80s best and enjoyed a seated dinner as well as silent and live auctions and post-dinner dancing.
Dollars raised: Boosted by a generous crowd, the event raised more than $167,000 to support thousands of women and young people in the community.
Notable moment: After winning the 50/50 raffle, a generous guest donated the more than $3,000 prize back to the organization.
Photo Credit: Marion Rhoades