- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 19 hours ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 4 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Sojourner Center Announces Grant From The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable TrustPosted 7 days ago
- Fiesta Bowl Opens Applications For 2019 Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade Presented By Cheez-ItPosted 7 days ago
- Royse Contemporary Celebrates Two Year Anniversary With New ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
Chelsea Clinton Visits the Phoenix Zoo for Book Signing
The Arizona Center for Nature Conservation, the Phoenix Zoo and Changing Hands Bookstore welcomed #1 New York Times best-selling author Chelsea Clinton to the Phoenix Zoo on Monday, April 15. Clinton lead a discussion and book signing for her new children’s book “Don’t Let Them Disappear: 12 Endangered Species Around the Globe.” The book introduces kids to 12 endangered animals along with tips on how to help protect these animals.
During the event, Clinton asked that only children participate in the Q & A portion of the event which included questions for her about her selection of animals for the book.
A portion of proceeds from the night went back to support the Zoo’s native species conservation programs, which are actively boosting wild populations of threatened and endangered animals in Arizona.