- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 3 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 4 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 4 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 5 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 5 days ago
Chelsea Clinton Visits the Phoenix Zoo for Book Signing
The Arizona Center for Nature Conservation, the Phoenix Zoo and Changing Hands Bookstore welcomed #1 New York Times best-selling author Chelsea Clinton to the Phoenix Zoo on Monday, April 15. Clinton lead a discussion and book signing for her new children’s book “Don’t Let Them Disappear: 12 Endangered Species Around the Globe.” The book introduces kids to 12 endangered animals along with tips on how to help protect these animals.
During the event, Clinton asked that only children participate in the Q & A portion of the event which included questions for her about her selection of animals for the book.
A portion of proceeds from the night went back to support the Zoo’s native species conservation programs, which are actively boosting wild populations of threatened and endangered animals in Arizona.