- ‘The Sound of Music’ Returns to The Phoenix Theatre Company to Mark 100th SeasonPosted 1 day ago
- Q&A With Famed Fashion Designer Nicole MillerPosted 1 day ago
- HonorHealth, Sprouts Team Up to Build Community Garden for ChildrenPosted 3 days ago
- Valley Leadership Names Kenneth Schutz, Karrin Taylor Robson Man and Woman of the YearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Garcia Family Foundation Gifts $10 Million to Human Services Campus to Address HomelessnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tower Capital Hosts Nov. 9 Charity Ride to Help Families Fighting Childhood IllnessesPosted 2 weeks ago
Superstition Mountain Golf and Country Club Raises $15,000 For Gold Canyon Arts Council
Members and guests of Superstition Mountain Golf and Country Club joined Gold Canyon Arts Council to raise more than $15,000 an an event last week to support art and music education programs in local schools.
Sponsored by Superstition Mountain, the annual event took place on March 14 at the community residence of Debra and Rodney Bortel. More than 80 attendees enjoyed an evening of music, tapas-style dishes and Spanish wine. The event even included a live performance featuring flamenco guitarist Chris Jácome and his wife, Lena, an accomplished flamenco dancer.
The Gold Canyon Arts Council was founded in 1998 to help promote and encourage the arts in low-to-moderate income areas of Maricopa, Pinal and Gila Counties. Through a series of culturally diverse public performances, festivals, educational residency programs and artistic awards, the organization sponsors and promotes performing, visual and other art-related activities in the greater Gold Canyon area.
“Superstition Mountain Golf and Country Club is proud to work with the Gold Canyon Arts Council in its effort to support our local schools,” said Mark Gurnow, General Manager of Superstition Mountain. “Our club values the local community and considers art and music programs to be a crucial part of a well-rounded education.”
Superstition Mountain Golf and Country Club is a private club offering both golf and social memberships.