- Yvette Gonzales, Carole Kauffman Elected To Experience Matters Board Of DirectorsPosted 2 days ago
- Back To School Clothing Drive Provides Uniforms, Clothing And Supplies To More Than 5,000 K-6 StudentsPosted 2 days ago
- State Arts Commission Delivers Over $2.63 Million To Arizona CommunitiesPosted 2 days ago
- Local Sports Bars Answer The Call For Much Needed Sport EquipmentPosted 4 days ago
- Local Dental Clinics Hosts July Back-To-School DrivePosted 5 days ago
- Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club Announces New Board MembersPosted 1 week ago
Fiesta Bowl Announces Volunteer of the Year Award Winners
The Fiesta Bowl selected its Volunteer of the Year award winners for the 2018-19 season, honoring six outstanding individuals for their service and dedication to the organization and the community.
The recipients awarded from the Fiesta Bowl volunteer base of over 3,000 general volunteers, Yellow Jacket Committee, Ambassadors and Board of Directors.
“All of our volunteers are dedicated workers and outstanding people who give so much to our organization and the community. These honorees go the extra mile to ensure the Fiesta Bowl achieves success and is a leader in our industry,” said Steve Leach, Chair of the Fiesta Bowl Board of Directors. “I am proud to work with these individuals to make a difference in hundreds of thousands of lives.”
The awards presented included:
• The George Leonard Rookie of the Year is presented to a Yellow Jacket Committee member in the first or second year who made an immediate impact on the Fiesta Bowl through volunteering and fundraising, and went to Sean Ward this year.
• The Fiesta Bowl Chair of the Year Award goes to the event chair who provides significant leadership and exemplary effort, and was presented to Walker Crowson.
• The Outstanding Fiesta Bowl Committee Member of the Year is awarded to an active Yellow Jacket Committee member who served on multiple committees and provided support and dedication to several events, and was presented to Kirk McClure.
• The Randi Knappenberger Ambassador of the Year Award is given to a dedicated ambassador who embodies the Fiesta Bowl spirit in her dedication to the organization, and went to Nicole Barrington.
• Named after one of the nine founders of the Fiesta Bowl, the Glenn Hawkins Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes a volunteer who demonstrates the same characteristics on which the Fiesta Bowl was founded – dedication, enthusiasm and the desire to create an unmatched experience. It was presented to Anthony Jefferson this year.
• The Frank Snell Lifetime Achievement Award recipient is chosen by the Fiesta Bowl Board of Directors and Life Directors to honor a member of the Fiesta Bowl family who has served the organization for more than 12 years. This year Rob Drake was presented with this award.
The Fiesta Bowl volunteers help to put on the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, the Cheez-It Bowl and the many community events that the Fiesta Bowl puts on throughout the year. Through the season’s events, the Fiesta Bowl has contributed more than $12.5 million back to the Arizona community in the last eight years, including $2.5 million in each of the 2018-19 and 2017-18 seasons.